Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CURA Help

Posted by psneddon 
CURA Help
July 08, 2015 07:44AM
Does anyone know how to print a line of PLA around the object you're trying to print when using CURA?

I've looked in the Software section of the RepRap forum, but there's no CURA category - Pronterface, Slic3r and just about every other slicer is there, but not CURA.

I went to the expert settings and have the "skirt" settings set at:

Line count: 8 - originally set at 3
Start distance (mm): 3.0
Minimal length (mm) 250.0 - originally set at 100

No matter what I try, I can't get a perimeter line of PLA to print around the object I'm making! What am I missing?

I tried printing an object in Pronterface and it lays down a perimeter of PLA prior to printing. Is there a setting i'm missing in CURA?
Re: CURA Help
July 08, 2015 09:01AM
AFAIK a skirt is only printed, when there is no raft or brim selected.
-Olaf
July 08, 2015 02:21PM
I have CURA set for no raft (0) and the brim cannot be set to zero - the minmum is 1. I have both set accordingly, but still no skirt.

I looked at the CURA manual (pdf) and I couldn't find any info there either. I also tried to find any videos that showed CURA printing a skirt on the bed - no luck.
July 08, 2015 07:54PM
Select 'None' in the drop down for platform adhesion type to disable the brim, then the skirt will appear as Olaf said.
July 08, 2015 08:43PM
AH! There it is!

Thanks JamesK! I never thought to look at "Platform adhesion type".

I selected "none" as you said and the skirt didn't show up on the platform, so I went to the "View Mode" icon on the screen, selected the "Layers" option, scrolled down to the first layer and there was the skirt!

Sorry Olaf! I didn't realize how to turn off both from the basic screen. All is good now!! smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login