Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with new material!

Posted by Crazy43D 
Help with new material!
July 15, 2015 11:34AM
Hello guys, I hope you can help me with a problem I found with a new material purchased on colorfabb. I start by telling you that I have a printer ERA3DPrinter of Ewe Industries, and I'm finding it well.It always printed without any problem the PLA, so I liked to try with the Copperfill of colorfabb, that would be the copper filament , and the nozzle after a while 'is like clogs, I do not know. I did several tests but nothing. What is wrong? It may depend on what? The temperature is always around 240 °.
Please find attached the links for the photos of the prints in PLA and the attempts by the Copperfill.

Thanks

[Copperfill]
[www.dropbox.com]

[Copperfill]
[www.dropbox.com]

[PLA]
[www.dropbox.com]

[PLA]
[www.dropbox.com]
Re: Help with new material!
July 15, 2015 01:53PM
What nozzle size? You should try 0.4 or 0.5, smaller might cause problems.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2015 01:53PM by Srek.

[www.bonkers.de]
[merlin-hotend.de]
[www.hackerspace-ffm.de]
July 15, 2015 09:36PM
Only use a full metal hotend, nothing with a teflon liner as it will block up.
Use the recommended temp settings for the material instead of a generic temp for all.
I don't know how well your hotend is calibrated but if I print PLA at 240° it runs out like warm honey and not like printable plastic...
July 16, 2015 04:22AM
Downunder35m
What hotend did you make that experience with?
I print copperfill and broncefill with my Merlin hotends without problems and they have a Teflon inliner.

[www.bonkers.de]
[merlin-hotend.de]
[www.hackerspace-ffm.de]
July 16, 2015 06:23AM
Thanks, I'll try!smileys with beer
July 20, 2015 09:31AM
With the nozzle 0,5 mm the print is ok but I have another problem now, I think with the slicing but I don't know.

[www.dropbox.com]

[www.dropbox.com]

[www.dropbox.com]
July 20, 2015 10:14AM
Srek
Downunder35m
I print copperfill and broncefill with my Merlin hotends without problems and they have a Teflon inliner.
I just used the information from the guys that make the stuff: http://colorfabb.com/copperfill
If it works for you (and maybe others) using teflon liners it is fine, but I thought I should point it out.
July 20, 2015 07:58PM
Downunder35m
Srek
Downunder35m
I just used the information from the guys that make the stuff: http://colorfabb.com/copperfill
If it works for you (and maybe others) using teflon liners it is fine, but I thought I should point it out.

I also read this advice on Colorfabb website, and I also have an hotend (this one) with a PTFE liner that does not clog with Colorfabb Copperfill (nor with any other filament).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login