Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Configuring Home on Folger Tech i3

Posted by jdcarlet 
Configuring Home on Folger Tech i3
August 10, 2015 01:10AM
Just finished assembling my Folger Tech 2020 i3 printer and am running into 2 issues. While in Repetier trying to set the home
1) my x-axis does not respond at all (stepper motor does nothing)
2) y and z axis's will not stop once they hit the end stops.
Any help would be great! (also I appologize if this is in the wrong forum I'm new to the community and didn't find one specific to my needs).
Re: Configuring Home on Folger Tech i3
August 10, 2015 04:25PM
Try this thread: [forums.reprap.org]. There is a huge amount to read through, but these issues have been reported and answered several times on it.

See my blog at [moosteria.blogspot.com].
August 10, 2015 07:06PM
can you post your configuration.h I have a look
I have the Folger Junk i3 myself, or had, it no longer is after all the work been done to make it print without troubles

are you writing the firmware yourself or you using the pre-config one from Folger Tech? a lot aren't correct in that, you need to make lots of changes, and they are probably still using the firmware from 2013, thats the one I got from them anyway, and still the same one on there download link.

link here thats what I've done with mine.
[forums.reprap.org]

I presume you using Marlin_RAMPS_EPCOS_i38 from their link right?
August 10, 2015 11:10PM
Thank you anmoose and deaconfrost for responding to my cry for help
deaconfrost
can you post your configuration.h I have a look
I have the Folger Junk i3 myself, or had, it no longer is after all the work been done to make it print without troubles

are you writing the firmware yourself or you using the pre-config one from Folger Tech? a lot aren't correct in that, you need to make lots of changes, and they are probably still using the firmware from 2013, thats the one I got from them anyway, and still the same one on there download link.

link here thats what I've done with mine.
[forums.reprap.org]

I presume you using Marlin_RAMPS_EPCOS_i38 from their link right?

I am using the preconfig from Folger tech and the Marlin_RAMPS_EPSCOS_i38. I am a beginner with code so any help in these areas would be great

I unplugged everything and replugged it and now all of the stepper motors are responding BUT in manual mode all of them will move in the negative direction but not in the positive direction. When I tell them to move in the positive direction they reply with a message telling me the endstops have been triggered, example: 22:48:47.335 : echo:endstops hit: Z:-0.20
every time, when they are no where near the end stops.

I used the m119 command (not sure if this command is supposed to give me a live update or just tell me how it is configured) to see what it had to say and this is what I got:
22:31:42.485 : Reporting endstop status
22:31:42.485 : x_min: open
22:31:42.486 : x_max: TRIGGERED
22:31:42.486 : y_min: open
22:31:42.486 : y_max: TRIGGERED
22:31:42.486 : z_min: open
22:31:42.486 : z_max: TRIGGERED
This stays the same if I hold down the endstops manually or leave them alone.

Any input is appreciated!
August 11, 2015 07:32AM
It's not configured properly, you need to disable endstop max, only use minium, which i3 have you got? I can send you my firmware, If you post a pic of your i3, I can get motor working correctly for you but you need to calibrate the steps yourself. I don't use FT firmware, it's not properly configured.
August 12, 2015 10:17PM
How do you disable the endstop max? I have the Folger tech 2020 i3, with the Arduino Mega 2560 and a RAMPs board. Here are some pictures
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_1547 (1).JPG (35 KB)
open | download - IMG_1548 (1).JPG (42.4 KB)
August 12, 2015 10:48PM
So, I was able to disable the max endstop, but the endstops still don't stop the motors from running when they are triggered:
If I hold down the trigger and use m119 they still read:
22:42:47.470 : Reporting endstop status
22:42:47.470 : x_min: open
22:42:47.470 : y_min: open
22:42:47.470 : z_min: open

Any advice on how to get the endstops to work now?
August 13, 2015 06:17AM
I see the endstop for the x axi on the right and I think I see the z axi endstop below that one, but I can't see where the end stop is for your y axi, This i3 has z axi on the top, it depends onwhich direction the motors are running, when you using manual control to move the motor, are they moving the correct directions? When you click right, hotend should move to its right, show when you looking at the printer from the front, it actually moves to your left, forward the bed should move away from you.
August 13, 2015 09:26AM
When I am facing the printer:
x-axis (endstop on my right):
-10 it goes to my right
10 it goes to my left

y-axis (the endstop is on the back):
-10 the bed moves away from me
10 the bed moves toward me

z-axis (endstop on bottom):
up is up
down is down
August 13, 2015 12:49PM
-10 on y should move to you and +10 move away from you and the endstop at front near you, also make sure they are plugged in to correct place, with board standing up, 12v wires at bottom, the 6 rolls of pins for endstop, second z, 4th y, last x. Those are the minium endstop connection so when you home the hotend, it triggers and know it's 0 poaition, invert y stepper in firmware and move endstop to the front

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2015 12:59PM by deaconfrost.
August 13, 2015 12:57PM
I post up the lines in configuration.h when I get to my laptop, on mobile now.
August 15, 2015 06:02PM
i forgot to come back to this, what lines was i suppose to be posting?? oops
August 24, 2015 06:43PM
Sorry I've been out of town. I'm not sure which ones you wanted to post. I have the motors working in the desired directions, but my endstops still are not working, so maybe the lines for those?
August 26, 2015 01:36PM
As it turns out I did not press the RAMPS board and the Mega board together firmly enough (I left about a 1/4 inch of the pins showing), upon my friend noticing this and pushing them together completely the endstops started working!

Thank you for bearing with me through out the process. Although I doubt anyone will make as boneheaded a mistake as I, if they do, you'll have another bit of advice for them: to check that the boards are pressed all the way together.

This printer is awesome and the first print looks great!

Thanks again!

-Joe
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login