Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

bad quality print

Posted by trist077 
bad quality print
August 22, 2015 11:19AM
as in pics one on left was without fan on the right with fan after first layer at 50

using repetier
purple pla 220 0.3 no heat bed perimeters 35 speed all

why do i get some smooth layers then further up i go get bad layers then settles smooth again then a mess

Re: bad quality print
August 22, 2015 12:14PM
It looks like your extruder is slipping, causing the bad looking layers; check your extruder tension and extruder motor current, and make sure that you've calibrated your extruder steps per mm.
Also, do you have a fan blowing on the hotend's heatsink? Without one it could easily jam after a few layers.
August 22, 2015 12:40PM
yes fan on heatsink e3d v6 genuine is the extruder tension the bit that is drawing in the filiment also how do i check current thanks#
August 22, 2015 06:19PM
Yep, the extruder is the part pushing the filament into the hotend. Make sure that the filament isn't slipping, and that the stepper motor isn't skipping. If the motor is skipping or making knocking noises, turn the potentiometer on your board for the extruder motor clockwise a bit. Can you post some more pictures of your hotend and extruder assembly?
August 23, 2015 09:45AM
i did have a little knocking on extruder every so often thought it was because was to tight or loose so i turned pedometer a tiny bit clockwise lookin at board from bottom and the the ped at bottom so running a new print

heres some pics too

August 23, 2015 04:30PM
right hers the reprint the cube on more or less perfect a bigger tes large square with othjers on top bad quality (killed job on large square)

the stepper moter for extruder i edited the podometer and its warm to touch like the others does not fel too hot

also recalibrated extruder to 112 in marlin for 50mm filiment was 125 was not taking a full 50mm

August 23, 2015 08:29PM
Have you tried lowering the temperature of the hotend? 220 seems really high for PLA.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login