Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Issues with solid walls

Posted by moncholo 
Issues with solid walls
October 16, 2015 07:28PM
Hi. I've tried to do my best effort but I couldn't solved the problem. I've never had this problem before.
I came across with this problem: I'm actually printing a 3d model which has walls (as shown in the picture). I'm using Slicer (I've updated it last week, but I don't think that it would be a problem because the config is the same). When the printer makes the perimetres it's okay, but then it make the infill and blobs appears. The infill in the wall is like another perimeter since the extruder only makes once this infill line.
Extrusion multiplier is well calibrated as E steps. Any another model that has no walls looks fine when I print them. In fact, I have been printing for the last two years and I haven't had this problem

I've tried many other configs, but I couldn't solve the problem. Any ideas?

Thanks
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_8620.JPG (395 KB)
Re: Issues with solid walls
October 17, 2015 04:34AM
If the area in front of the wall is supposed to be a solid infill then your extrusion is far from being calibrated...
October 17, 2015 08:55AM
Sounds like the 1.2.9 gap fill over extrusion problem:

[github.com]
October 17, 2015 09:38AM
It might be a top solid infill overlap or line width problem. On a larger surface area it may not be noticeable but with such a narrow wall it becomes more apparent.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
October 17, 2015 04:22PM
Hi. I've solved the problem. I think it's a bug. I changed slicer version and it works well with 1.1.7. In fact, I've always used that version but last week I upgrade slicer to 1.2.9 and problems appear.
I've been reading some issues when Slicer 1.1.7 was released and I found this:

Bug fixes:
"Some extra spots were added in thin walls"

Maybe new version of Slicer is not solving that problem. Is there any way to report this bug?

Thanks
October 18, 2015 04:30AM
To report an issue, follow the link JamesK provided.
Try v1.2.6 or 1.2.7. I use the latter.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login