Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extrusion never begins (ormerod 2)

Posted by kpapr1 
Extrusion never begins (ormerod 2)
October 24, 2015 01:15PM
Hi,

I'm new to the 3D printing world and I have just assembled an Ormerod 2. I have run all checks (proximity sensor, nozzle heats up, fans work OK, xyz movement, temperature reports OK, bed heats up, all motors work fine) but the problem is this:

When I try to print snowman for example, the printer does its calibration on the 4 corners where the white papers are and then moves to a position that looks like (0,0,0). But it never begins to print!

- When I do this via the web interface I always get the JSON error at this point
- When I do this via the USB interface software I get an error about an external tool not defined. But if I send "T0" before printing, when printing begins it disables T0 and I get the same.

I am using the latest firmware, currently 1.09, but have also tried 1.09dc42 with the same results. Windows 7 64-bit system.

Any suggestions would really help at this point.

Thanks
Re: Extrusion never begins (ormerod 2)
October 24, 2015 02:15PM
Try posting this on the Ormerod forum.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Extrusion never begins (ormerod 2)
October 24, 2015 03:14PM
OK thank you

*Update: the problem was that I updated the uController firmware without updating my SD card :-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2015 05:09PM by kpapr1.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login