Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prints but then...

Posted by Beer4Brew 
Prints but then...
January 14, 2016 01:30PM
First of all hey guys am a new in reprap but not in 3D printing

Its been a wonderfull year in 3D printing world, Ive been using CTC chinese 3D Printer, and let me say that this printer is awesome I had only one problem with endstop and thats it...

After a year I realize that I have spare motors, arduino board, and some endstops (that I ordered for CTC) so I wondered how about to build prusa i3 from scratch, so I ordered things that am missing, it came 2 days ago, plastic parts I printed with CTC, I ordered silicone heatbed wich burned my ramps plastic connectors (dont know why...) but with 4 hours building it and 40 hours putting software and calibrating (am new to this remmember) i finaly made it to work but here we come to next problem... I dont know how to explain it my English isnt awesome so I will try : "It start print (cube 5mm walls) and when printer print half a cube he stop and continue in different position or only one side like in video (using slic3r)...

Will try to be active on forum and maybe share my knowledge cause i watched 101 video and read 10001 post about firmware working guides I tryed 1000001 firmware uploads before I made it to work...hot smiley

[www.youtube.com]

after printing just one wall print start off the cube like in this video which shows better my problem [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2016 02:21PM by Beer4Brew.
Re: Prints but then...
January 14, 2016 02:23PM
It looks like the bed (Y axis) is jamming. You could try lubricating the rods, tightening the belt, etc.

Master Tinkerer
January 14, 2016 04:14PM
Thx for reply

But it doesnt jamm while manual moving, why doesnt jamm when print start, why is always in a same place I tryed several times and print always stop normal print at the same place at the same time...
January 15, 2016 01:04PM
So no one have posiblle solution?
January 15, 2016 07:11PM
You print mid air instead where it should print.
So adjust your belts, motor currents and speed to compensate for it.
Maybe better a complete calibration.
January 16, 2016 02:49AM
But I calibrate it and he starts to print where it should but then sudennly during the good print he start to print off...
January 17, 2016 12:39AM
There are multiple causes for shifted layers.

Take a look at the Troubleshooting section: Shifted Layers / Offset Layers / Missed Steps

My printer: Raptosaur - Large Format Delta - [www.paulwanamaker.wordpress.com]
Can you answer questions about Calibration, Printing issues, Mechanics? Write it up and improve the Wiki!
January 17, 2016 09:57AM
Maybe your y axis driver is overheating? Try blowing on it or holding a fan to the board while it prints.

Master Tinkerer
January 17, 2016 12:32PM
Guys my voltage readings are 1.3 I know for sure thats soooooo wrong, how much should it be around .400?

Thx for all replays I didnt have multimeter (broke) I bought it today and check it reads are sky high...
January 17, 2016 12:37PM
It must be overheating I check voltage and its sky high 1.3 eye popping smiley it should be around .400 right? I will install fan allready printed fan mounts...
January 17, 2016 03:32PM
Guys really appreciate Your help, my problem was overheating but I managed to solve it thx to You

Here are some photos and I just want to know about TOP and MEASURE if You can help me I would really appreciate it
Attachments:
open | download - ramps_board.jpg (371.6 KB)
open | download - measure.jpg (382.1 KB)
open | download - bottom.jpg (161.9 KB)
open | download - side.jpg (151.9 KB)
open | download - top.jpg (135 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login