Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to use different extruders for different Materials ?

Posted by majidkhalili 
How to use different extruders for different Materials ?
July 31, 2016 08:20AM
Hello every body

I have implemented a 3dPrinter using repetier and RAMPS and using repetier-host software, now i have different extruders fed with different materials. how should my 3d Design be ? I mean if i want the specific part to use specific material how should i handle it in 3d design model ? and after that how should i handle it in repetier-host software ? how do i say which extruder is used for what ?!

Thanks in advance guys winking smiley
Re: How to use different extruders for different Materials ?
July 31, 2016 09:05AM
Most slicers require the different parts as own files with synchronized object axis. Design both parts in place so they match how they need to be printed.
Depending on the design software you use you select a part that you want to print in material A and export it, then you export the part you want to print in material B.
Then in the slicing software you assign extruders/materials to parts. In Simplify 3D you add the object you want to print in Material A to the process that uses Material A, then assign the object you want to print in material B to the process that uses material B. When preparing to print select the two processes needed.

[www.bonkers.de]
[merlin-hotend.de]
[www.hackerspace-ffm.de]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login