Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cyclopes configuration

Posted by Ardtopix 
Cyclopes configuration
April 06, 2020 01:10PM
Hi all,

I am currently configuring a diy core XY printer with a cyclops head.

I cannot print in two colors.
When I start printing, the first extruder starts up and prints that part. when changing the extruder, whether there is a purge tower or not, the head is repositioned in z without taking into account (I believe) the Z correction matrix.

(ramps 1.4, marlin2.0 (single noze), repetier, cura slicer)

Do you have a way to solve this problem?
Thank's

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2020 01:11PM by Ardtopix.
Re: Cyclopes configuration
April 28, 2020 03:59PM
I have the exact same problem...

I think this is a Marlin Bug....

It dose not allow your to set Mixing extruder and Cyclops extruder functions, Marlin is not Intuitive like you think.

If you Set it up in the Obvous way just looking at the Code it will not allow the C++ compiler to verify? Even if you look.

I think there is a basic command missing like #define EXTRUDERS 2 or that string leads back to #define EXTRUDERS 1 some how. but my steppers are active...
it keeps sending you a temp fault??

TEMP_SENSOR_1 shouldn't be set with only 1 extruder that is the error I keep getting...

I am considering dumping all the Decompressed Marlin files and going back to Default and Trying again from scratch....

I spent 3 hours putting in all the settings...hot smiley

The touch sensor had to be set for Distance from Nozzle, you have to Calibrate your Extrusion rate and X,Y,Z, and E steps.

The default is NEVER even close I mean (80, 80, 6000, 500) you know they type of shit print you will get with those settings.

The only time those settings are Close is with a M5 belt 2mm teeth and M8 threaded rod with a 0.1 thread and a Wades geared extruder pushing 3.0mm filament...

I think its a bug in Marlin 2.2.x because, It dose not happen in 1.1.0 it sets up fine and I Un-comment the z home sensor when I up load it will show 2 extruders and allow the z Sensor to work but it behaves like the Z Motor DIR is set wrong....

I Cant win my Prusa Mendel was WAY easier to setup in Sprinter!! I liked the feature of all the values at the top of Configuration.h and Marlin is way more functional but Sprinter just WORKED!!!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2020 04:31PM by Justinjjhcs1.
Re: Cyclopes configuration
April 29, 2020 04:56AM
Hello Justinjjhcs1,

The problem was solved on another forum:
https://www.lesimprimantes3d.fr/forum/topic/29639-diy-core-xy-et-cyclope/

Good reading
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login