hello trying to print model wtih mingda d2 and slic3r
November 03, 2020 11:52AM
Hello. I just bought a mingda d2 here [www.3dmingda.com]

I am now printing some of the demo files that came with the sd card. Under the model when they print there is a baby step that attaches to the mat below and secures the model.
I went on the website and found some models here like the eiffel tower for example.[www.3dmingda.com]
It comes in a .stl file. so I downloaded Slic3r and exported the file to a .gcode file. When i load the file onto an sd card and try to print it the printer does not draw the babystep base and also the filaments output doesn't really stick or ammount to anything it kind of just moves around and doesn't ammount to anything. I was wondering if anyone knew what steps I am missing. Thanks for any help.
Re: hello trying to print model wtih mingda d2 and slic3r
November 04, 2020 02:35AM
I think what your talking about is commonly called a Raft.

"Raft layers will add additional layers underneath the model and stems from the early days of 3D printing. The following use cases are appropriate for raft usage: - Print is using a material that usually requires a heated bed to not warp and there is no heated bed. - The bed is not very flat. A raft then absobes the variance in Z for the first layer. - The part has a very small contact area with the bed. Usually a wide brim is a better solution."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login