Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder skipping steps again and again

Posted by rudranshsinghmahra 
Extruder skipping steps again and again
August 27, 2023 01:29AM
Hi i am facing a issue of extruder skipping steps, the printer prints the first layer great without any issue, starts to prints the second layer also without any issue but after some time is starts to skip steps, then I have to pause the print remove the filament, reinsert the filament, push and pull it slightly up and down into the hot end, and then resume it and then is starts working fine. But the the issue again start after sometime and have to do the whole process again. What could be the issue? Under extrusion in my case is not the issue I think.
VDX
Re: Extruder skipping steps again and again
August 27, 2023 03:58AM
... could be the heat soften the filament below the gear, so it slips ... or the driver or motor "weakens" for overheating and behaves normally after some time cooling down again ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Re: Extruder skipping steps again and again
October 31, 2023 08:14PM
rudranshsinghmahra
Hi i am facing a issue of extruder skipping steps, the printer prints the first layer great without any issue, starts to prints the second layer also without any issue but after some time is starts to skip steps, then I have to pause the print remove the filament, reinsert the filament, push and pull it slightly up and down into the hot end, and then resume it and then is starts working fine. But the the issue again start after sometime and have to do the whole process again. What could be the issue? Under extrusion in my case is not the issue I think.

Did you figure it out???
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login