Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How does this happen??

Posted by danlad1631 
How does this happen??
April 17, 2013 07:08AM
I've leveled my bed to 0.38mm. I then create a gcode file in Slic3r save it, load it into Skienforge.

When it starts to print the head is then 1.16mm off the bed and the PLA will not stick.

I've tried changing the Z offset but this does nothing, when I print in Skeinforge I do not have this problem.

Any ideas on how I can sort this out?

Thanks
Re: How does this happen??
April 17, 2013 08:01AM
You need to set your bed height to 0.1mm max. Set your layer height in Slic3r to less than your nozzle size, e.g. 0.5 nozzle, set it to 0.4 max or try 0.3
April 17, 2013 08:06AM
What I don't understand though is how it changes the height of the head? I was using paper to set the height but it did not seem accurate enough so I thought I'd try a business card. I'll go back to the paper and see how I get on.

Thanks
April 17, 2013 08:41AM
Ok moved head closer to bed, but when it starts to print Slic3r is telling the head to sit higher. Any thoughts on why this is happening?

I've been trying to get one good print from my raprappro since i built the thing 3 weeks ago!! Is it meant to be this hard!!?
April 17, 2013 07:35PM
I'm not at my printer now to check for sure, but Slic3r lets you set the height of the first layer. What do you have for the value?
April 18, 2013 03:48AM
It is set to 0.35, I'll change it and see what effect that has. Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login