Different calibration interior/exterior dimensions
August 06, 2012 03:50PM
Hello,

I'm calibrating my prusa and I had this issue while printing. Printing a piece of 26x16x16mm and a 8,1mm diam. vertical tube hole I got a 26,5x16,65x16mm exterior dimensions and a 7,2mm diametre tube hole.

Acording to the calibration steps, if I attend to the exterior dimensions calibration I should get around a 69 steps BUT if I attend to the tube dimensions I should calibrate with around a 79steps value.

Where is the problem? How should I solve it?

Regards
Re: Different calibration interior/exterior dimensions
August 06, 2012 05:20PM
Slic3r 0.8.4 has two known issues that make interim dimensions too small and exteria ones two big. The fixes for these are in the current master branch and, hopefully, will be delivered soon.

Using ABSPrusa Mendel Zaphod with Pronterface and slic3r 1.3.0. Printing well with 3mm PLA and ABS through 2 x J Head Mk IV b and Wade Geared Exruders. Controlled using RAMPS1.4 board running Marlin_v1.1.9
August 07, 2012 02:53AM
If the 0.8.4 version has these issues, how can you print very well then? how do you fix it? all holes are coming undersized, isn't it?
Is there any Slic3r version with not this problem?
August 07, 2012 05:10AM
Use Skeinforge if you want the correct dimensions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2012 05:11AM by nophead.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
August 07, 2012 05:18AM
I downloaded the skeinforge but as it's so ''technical'' software I'm still taking a look..
As I'd like to print ABS with it needs first layer 253C degree and next layers 250C degree, Could you send me you Skeinforge profile if it isn't a problem for you? Then I could do some minor changes and fix to my machine. How do I load an already exist skeinforge profile?
August 07, 2012 05:28AM
August 08, 2012 08:58PM
Really appreciate all the hard work of the Slic3r contributors.
Slic3r v8.3 was a great release with addition of Brim, and v8.4 seemingly to print even better.

With a properly calibrated machine...
Unfortunately even with the release of Slic3r v9.0 internal hole sizes are still printing undersize (e.g 15mm I.D hole prints at !4.75ish), while most oustside perimeters measurement seem to be accurate to within .05mm while other features maybe off as much as .25mm on a for example 50mm distance measured across two parallel perimeter faces (Model/Feature dependent and not related to the calibration of the axis).

Using Skeinforge v41 a 40mm x 20mm calibration cube with a 15mm hole through the center of the cube measures amazing accurate to within about + -.05mm tolerance (and not activating the Stretch Module).

For reference I print with a Orca 3, V9 Extruder with a .35 nozzle and .2mm layer height.

When Slic3r is able to print dimensional accurate as Skeinforge seemingly does, I will gladly be retiring it in favor of the fast slicing that Slic3r provides.

Any ideas when this issue will be fixed ?

Thanks for everybody's hard work on Slic3r.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2012 08:58PM by ShawnT98027.
August 09, 2012 05:23AM
New Slic3r version 0.9.0 has come out!! let's try it and see.
August 10, 2012 12:06PM
For anyone experiencing dimensional issues, I recommend to go through the calibration procedure described at:

[github.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login