Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Scaling of infill broken when using no solid bottom?

Posted by Joghurt 
Scaling of infill broken when using no solid bottom?
March 18, 2013 04:32AM
I wanted to make a little keyring pendant for the daughter of a friend, and thought that designing a solid pendant and then only printig perimeters and a honeycomb infill with no top or bottom layers would look good. And it does, but...

Problem is: If I leave out the Horizontal Shells (by entering "0" at "Top" and "Bottom" Solid layers) then the infill of the first layer is out of scale. Looks like the fill density of the first layer is higher that for the rest...?

I made sure that the "Extrusion width" of the "First Layer" under "Advanced" and "First layer height" under "Layers and perimeters" are both set to "100%".

Is this a feature, did I forget to configure something or is it a bug?

Oh, and I'm using Slic3r 0.9.8

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2013 04:39AM by Joghurt.
Re: Scaling of infill broken when using no solid bottom?
March 19, 2013 02:23PM
First layer extrusion width = 100% is not the same as First layer extrusion width = 0. If you read the tooltip closely you'll see that percentage value is not computed over the other layers' width but over layer height. So it will make a width equal to your layer height, which is not usually a good thing nor your goal. Set it to 0 like the other widths and you'll get the results you want. smiling smiley
Re: Scaling of infill broken when using no solid bottom?
March 19, 2013 04:01PM
I see, thank you! smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login