Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Speeds not changing

Posted by CharlieSteurbaut 
Speeds not changing
May 13, 2013 10:56AM
Hello,

I have the problem that in Slic3r 0.9.9 the speeds are not changing. If i change the speeds in the speed directory and press save and then convert the stl to gcode. Then the speeds stays the same.

Someone ideas?

www.facebook.com/Charlies3DTechnologies
www.charlies3dtechnologies.com/webshop
webshop@charlies3dt.com
Re: Speeds not changing
May 14, 2013 06:20AM
Check the cooling tab, and see if you have cooling enabled. You can try an experiment and disable cooling to see if that is overriding your speed settings.

Regards
Re: Speeds not changing
May 15, 2013 04:59PM
Be specific, do you observe the machine to see the speeds not change, or do you inspect the gcode itself? I see slic3r has (optional)acceleration limitations, slic3r --help seems to imply --default-acceleration is 130mm/s^2 But when i run it without providing any settings and do --save it has default_acceleration=0 in it.

The machine itself also has acceleration limits on it. At 130mm/s^2 it takes and 120mm/s max speed it takes nearly a whole second to get up to speed, and a distance of at^2/2 = 55mm, i hardly believe that distance myself...

And there is --slowdown-below-layer-time for when a layer takes so little time the plastic stays too hot.

I am a noob too though, tbh i dont know what speed i am supposed to teach. (and have ooze issues)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login