Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slic3r error message

Posted by Briggs 
Slic3r error message
May 22, 2013 02:54PM
Just when you get your printer dialed in perfectly, then a software gremlin pops in! I'm getting this error in RH/slic3r. It won't slice any file I have.
11:05:33.331 : Argument "\x{35}\x{30}..." isn't numeric in multiplication (*) at C:/PROGRA~1/Repetier-Host/Slic3r/lib/std/Slic3r/GCode.pm line 38.
Anybody ever get this, or know what I should do to fix? Thank you.
Re: Slic3r error message
May 22, 2013 10:29PM
It looks to me as if you don't have a proper numeric value in one of your settings. Of course there's absolutely no clue as to what field it is.

Slic3r really should do some sanity checking on the settings and trap these kinds of errors, but I guess that's low on the priority list behind adding functionality.
May 22, 2013 11:13PM
Jbernardis, thank you! I will start changing up the settings until it works.
May 24, 2013 06:27AM
If you look at the ini file in %AppData%\Roaming\Slic3r\ for your current settings and it's probably in one of the ini files I nthe print folder.

I get a similar error although mines says subtraction if for some reason raft_layers = the line needs to be taken out so look for other similar settings.

Setting raft layers = 0 in the gui doesn't save to the ini file either.

Ben
May 24, 2013 02:00PM
Ben, had same problem too. I changed file location and created new location for temp gcode files. Problem solved for now. Thank you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login