Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Which design programs can direct use the AMF input?

Posted by cncdrifter 
Which design programs can direct use the AMF input?
January 29, 2014 08:45AM
Which design programs can be used for the AMF input of slic3r for a multihead 3D printer without the need to use the combine function or e.g. a 6-port full-color 3D printer ?
I've tried several, but so far without any success
Re: Which design programs can direct use the AMF input?
January 30, 2014 05:12PM
I'm not sure what you're trying to do. AMF is just an XML format for combining STL files. STL files cannot easily be brought into design software - certainly all of the component information is lost as it is simply a mesh. AMF would fare much the same.

Are you asking what will produce and AMF file? I think it's possible with cura - you can combine STLs on it's plate and then output the resultant combined file. If I remember correctly, it does not enforce the .amf or .amf.xml naming convention, but the resultant file is indeed an AMF file.
January 30, 2014 10:04PM
I think the OP is after a CAD program that will spit out .AMF files directly. I personally don't know of one. The only thing stopping programs supporting the format is the author(s) of those programs, as the format is open.
January 31, 2014 06:00AM
Yes I am looking for CAD programs with direct AMF export, especially for gradient use(mixing, Gcode M160), you can design in fancy colors on the screen, but the output is a gray mono world to FDM 3D printers.
Trying to make my own head with working direction to printing objects like this.

One nozzle, 3-6 lines
Megatronics V3.0 up to 3 extrudermotors
Duet up to 5 extrudermotors (or 4 + mixer stepper)
May be soon, decapede up to 6 extrudermotors plus one for tryout corbett mixing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2014 06:12AM by cncdrifter.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login