Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to increase external perimeter's flow?

Posted by jesussiero 
How to increase external perimeter's flow?
February 07, 2014 08:18PM
Hi,

wolud be great to increase the flow for external perimeters. I think is low compared with infill.
Anyone have an idea?

Thank you
Re: How to increase external perimeter's flow?
February 07, 2014 09:56PM
Under "Print settings / Advanced" there is Extrusion width which is basically flow. You can set it separately for each.
February 08, 2014 08:24AM
yes, but i don't completely understand this width parameters.
February 08, 2014 11:50AM
Those setting also adjust the spacing so it does not do what you are looking for. I do not believe there is anyway to adjust the flow rate only. I wrote a script for Cura and Kisslicer that does this but have not made it work with Slic3r because it requires comments saying when each extrusion type starts and ends but Slic3r adds comments to the end of every single line of gcode.

Can you post a picture of your results? Your findings seem to contradict most people findings where once you have the flow calibrated as per Slic3rs instructions (by reducing the flow until a single wall is the correct thickness) that the infill flow is too low and leaves holes. So your finding of infill correct and perimeter too low is the opposite of the average.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
February 08, 2014 01:26PM
Hi Sublime,

thanks for your reply. My results are really good but when i print something big with ABS some layers lift off, this is the problem. If i decrease the filament diameter to extrude more infill flow is excessive.
February 08, 2014 01:34PM
jesussiero
Hi Sublime,

thanks for your reply. My results are really good but when i print something big with ABS some layers lift off, this is the problem. If i decrease the filament diameter to extrude more infill flow is excessive.

That is from shrinkage due to it being ABS. For large ABS prints you need to have a heated chamber [www.reprap.org] . Some people have success by increasing the extrusion temperature so the layer bonds are better. But the higher temp can also result in more shrinkage from the greater temperature differential. I have also read of others that have more success with lower temps. The differing results are most likely differences in the ABS itself. Also shield the printed part from any airflow.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login