Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

100% infill?

Posted by camblonie 
100% infill?
March 31, 2014 09:46PM
I'm trying to print a GoPro mount that is sturdy and I cant get enough infill at the main transition to the mount. Even when I make infill 1 its really more like 70" eye balling it. Is there some setting I've got clicked that i dont realize? Shouldnt 100% infill be solid?
Thanks
S
Re: 100% infill?
March 31, 2014 10:05PM
camblonie
I'm trying to print a GoPro mount that is sturdy and I cant get enough infill at the main transition to the mount. Even when I make infill 1 its really more like 70" eye balling it. Is there some setting I've got clicked that i dont realize? Shouldnt 100% infill be solid?
Thanks
S

Check the settings in your Printe Settings > Advanced options, the infill and solid infill values.
April 01, 2014 08:42PM
I am not seeing it. I can cheat and increase the solid infill area so that it exceeds everything but I shouldnt need to do that. Any other ideas?
April 01, 2014 11:31PM
Low infill can be caused by several things. Most likely is that your extrusion is not properly calibrated properly (too little plastic being extruded) or that nozzle setting it wrong size or extrusion multiplier is set to something other than 1.
April 02, 2014 05:47PM
Tmorris,
I don't have a problem printing. When I look at the G code by layer I can see the fill. It's obvious that something is going on when the first and last layer are perfect but the middle is clearly honeycomb. I bet not many people print 100% fill.
April 03, 2014 04:08AM
I do use 100% infill often,
but than pattern should not be honeycomb..... I think previous versions did not allow that, but currently I am not sure,
Try infill "1" and line pattern ?

www.3daybreaker.blogspot.com

Orca V4.4 rebuild to Ramps with Mk8 and E3D, as well as a Rostock Delta Mini and an OLO in backorder :-)
April 03, 2014 07:53PM
I am using rectilinear infill. It tells me honeycomb and line arent for use at 100% fill.
April 04, 2014 04:57AM
What is your extrusion width vs. layer height?
April 04, 2014 09:55AM
Posting info mentioned here: [github.com] will help diagnosing your problem. Without it it's just wild guessing ...
April 04, 2014 07:39PM
Ok I'm starting to get frustrated now that i cant figure it out. I've attached a screenshot of the fill settings and the result in the middle of the print as shown in pronterface. The first and last layers look and actually print 100%. I'm expoting g-code, using Windows Vista, Slic3r 1.0.0. Same result on any STL. I appreciate all suggestions.
Attachments:
open | download - 70fill.jpg (113.9 KB)
April 04, 2014 10:54PM
camblonie
Ok I'm starting to get frustrated now that i cant figure it out. I've attached a screenshot of the fill settings and the result in the middle of the print as shown in pronterface. The first and last layers look and actually print 100%. I'm expoting g-code, using Windows Vista, Slic3r 1.0.0. Same result on any STL. I appreciate all suggestions.

Ehrmmm.... your infill density is at 0.7 (70%), also you should set your use "Solid Infill every:" to 1 just in case.

There's something odd there though, it looks like you don't have a text field to actually input the infill density? What version of Slic3r are you using?
April 04, 2014 11:25PM
Sorry for the confusion on the last post, I did play with the fill density at 70% but the pic shows it was clearly not near that. I attached one I ran at 1 and you can see the difference where the infill threshold is starting to affect the outer areas as they are separated from the main body.

Are you telling me that the print settings tab should have more options? I have been using Slic3r since 060. Maybe i have some old code in my ini?
Attachments:
open | download - 100fill.jpg (143.8 KB)
April 05, 2014 01:50AM
camblonie
Sorry for the confusion on the last post, I did play with the fill density at 70% but the pic shows it was clearly not near that. I attached one I ran at 1 and you can see the difference where the infill threshold is starting to affect the outer areas as they are separated from the main body.

Are you telling me that the print settings tab should have more options? I have been using Slic3r since 060. Maybe i have some old code in my ini?

I think it would be a good idea to try a different version of Slic3r to make sure it's not a bug related to the one you are using. Version 1.0.0 seems to work OK (I just sliced a thing with 100% and it works), don't use 1.1.0 there's a bug that makes the infil too thin regardless of the density you set.
April 07, 2014 06:29PM
Am I missing a parameter in my screenshot?
April 10, 2014 11:32PM
I made a lot of changes in Slicer config that had no impact. Then I realized I had not saved my changes. ( I see that yours were not saved but I assume that you were just taking screen shots.) I had the same problem with Reptier host which allows you to choose separate Slic3r profiles for the printer, filament and extruder. I made changes in Slic3r config, but ignored selecting the profiles in Repetier. Drove me crazy. I am sure you are past the newbie problems. But just in case...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login