Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

File prints but no extrusion

Posted by SifuGreg 
File prints but no extrusion
February 09, 2015 02:27AM
okay, I'm a complete NOOB to Slic3r. Literally started playing with it an hour ago. I've uploaded the gcode to my machine and it draws the shape of what I am trying to print but absolutely no ABS comes out. I have the software in simple mode to avoid errors and everything looks fine to the unexperienced eye. What should I be looking for? GCODE attached (with most of the G1 lines removed to shorten the file)...forum.gcode.txt

SifuGreg
Re: File prints but no extrusion
February 09, 2015 02:41AM
Hi
In the screen " manual control " is a button called " dry run " if it is checked your printer will execute the print without any extrusion.
February 09, 2015 11:58PM
Thanks. Apparently the problem was that my firmware requires that a G-Code Flavor be set to RepRap (Marlin/Sprinter/Repetier). Once done and resetting the bed home to 0.0 instead of 100.100 which makes no sense to me whatsoever but I am using the new beta version I was able to get it to work. Now it is all down to the tweaking. The output is sub par compared to the factory software. I've got a lot more playing to do with height, temperature etc. but I'm having way too much fun playing!!
February 10, 2015 12:19PM
SifuGreg
Thanks. Apparently the problem was that my firmware requires that a G-Code Flavor be set to RepRap (Marlin/Sprinter/Repetier). Once done and resetting the bed home to 0.0 instead of 100.100 which makes no sense to me whatsoever but I am using the new beta version I was able to get it to work. Now it is all down to the tweaking. The output is sub par compared to the factory software. I've got a lot more playing to do with height, temperature etc. but I'm having way too much fun playing!!

Many printers (such as mine) home to have X0 Y0 in the corner so all coordinates are positive, and with a 200mm square bed the center is thus at X100 Y100. In fact you can set any printer that way, just position the extruder over the bottom left corner (min X & Y) and execute a G92 X0 Y0 command.

Dave
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login