Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Any alternatives for Slic3r and Pronterface

Posted by Ottorster 
Any alternatives for Slic3r and Pronterface
May 25, 2015 05:21PM
Hello!

I have big problems with my 5-nozzle 3D-printer and Slic3r + Pronterface. It just don't work with those programs properly, although the manufacturer recommends these programs with the printer... My printer just won't print with all the nozzles, no matter what configurations I set to Slic3r and Pronterface. Now the manufacturer advises me to use two different versions of Slic3r at the same time + Pronterface + one more program to create amf-files for multi-colour printing, and I think this just doesn't make sense because it doesn't work at all...

Are there any good alternatives for these programs, for example ONE PROGRAM that will manage the tasks of those both? And one that has a thorough and good manual instead of the scarce and not-to-point advice that I at the moment get from the manufacturer of my printer? It doesn't matter whether the program is open source or commercial, as long as it's working...

Any suggestions?
Re: Any alternatives for Slic3r and Pronterface
May 25, 2015 10:59PM
Hi,

Have you tried Cura? It can read a .AMF file, convert it to G-code, and send it directly to your printer, I think.

But I think you're pretty close to the leading edge of the technology with a 5-nozzle printer. As such, it will be difficult to find anything that robustly supports it. You'll probably need to contribute to that development yourself.

You will need to use some other program to generate the original model though. There's not many 3D design programs that support .AMF yet (OpenSCAD, Blender, SolidWorks) .

Frank
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login