Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't move objects around platter

Posted by JBFUK 
Can't move objects around platter
October 06, 2015 06:33AM
Hi,

I'm having issues in trying to fit multiple items on my platter. I can add all of the objects but sometimes they overlap. I really want to be able to place them manually but for some reason I can't reliably select and drag the items around. If you look at this example:

I can't select and drag the second of the wheels to move it in to clear space. Firstly moving the pointer around the platter randomly highlights a group of objects (as in not when I'm actually hovering over that item), secondly once I get a group highlighted I can left click and drag but it only moves one of the two items in that group with no obvious way of moving the second object in that group.

It's really frustrating and I can't seem to find any solution via google. Hopefully it's something so obvious that nobody has ever requested help with it before... It's making me think of moving to a different slicer as this should be such a simple thing to do!

Any help appreciated.
Re: Can't move objects around platter
October 06, 2015 08:57AM
Is it the same behaviour in the 2D view?
October 06, 2015 08:58AM
It has something to do with only being able to move the first "main" part, at least when making copies. So you have to position first, then copy.

Also, select using the list on the right.
October 06, 2015 12:51PM
It's very draggy but yes - I can move them around in 2D view - that's excellent thanks smiling smiley

As for only being able to move the 'main' part in 3D view after making copies that's ridiculous. Surely the most basic user requirement is to be able to manually place their objects!
October 06, 2015 02:31PM
I can't move any thing on my platter in any view. I can drag it around to place it
but when I let go of the mouse button the model snaps back to where it was. Is there s easy to fix that?
October 06, 2015 05:52PM
In the preferences there is a setting - something about auto or snap to centre. Maybe try disabling that.
October 06, 2015 09:30PM
JBFUK
In the preferences there is a setting - something about auto or snap to centre. Maybe try disabling that.

Thanks JBFUK, That was the problem. I don't know how I didn't see that before.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login