Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

super slow print

Posted by malsais 
super slow print
February 14, 2013 08:55AM
Hi,
after i install repetier, i connect it to my printer and everything on moving manual is great.
load existing gcode that i have sliced weeks ago, prints great.
but when i slice it with internal slic3r ( usually i just print without any config change on slic3r) it will print very sloow and after a few second it just stop.. anyone know the problem? I've tried speed up the first layer speed with 60x (a research on google said this might help)but it dont work for me

tried connecting to virtual printer and its prints in normal speed.

my printer is using marlin with gen6d

Thanks for the help guys, i really like using this software

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2013 09:01AM by malsais.
Re: super slow print
February 14, 2013 08:58AM
forgot to mention, im using Repetier-Host Windows 0.84
February 14, 2013 02:40PM
Virtual printer is no indication. It doesn't execute moves.

Check your g code and see what F values you see for speed settings. If they are too low change your slicer settings to get them higher. Maybe you have cooling enabled, which can slow down the print with too high values for min time per layer.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
February 15, 2013 09:39AM
everything looks fine for me, maybe you have a better eye on gcode smiling smiley
Attachments:
open | download - composition.gcode (121.1 KB)
open | download - Screenshot_021513_093444_PM.jpg (103.7 KB)
February 15, 2013 02:52PM
From the output i would expect print speedsnof 30 mm/s. Not fast but also not super slow. What is your definition of super slow? Is zhe speed multipliermon 100%?

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
February 16, 2013 01:04AM
super slow that im having is it move like a underpower pc playing graphic intense games, laggy. it stops for 3 seconds and move normal for 1 second and increasingly become slower and finally stop. everything at speed multiply is at 100%
however if Increase my speed on the fly using repetier slider, it will move normally longer but eventually will stop also.

previously i said that printing other gcode on repetier but sliced externally is no problem, Im wrong. its also laggy.
the super slow case happen in 8 out of 10 attempt, most succeed attempt is when the printer is turn on the first time.

i load the gcode that repetier+slic3r produce into pronterface and it print normally.

starting to think the problem is on my board/firmware but doesnt understand why its only with repetier, too bad since i really like the gcode preview and on-the-fly speed multiplier sad smiley
February 16, 2013 02:44PM
You mean sending the same code with eg pronterface prints with normal speed? In that case you should analyse the host log file written to disk, not the one shown in the gui. Do you have many resends in your log. Doesnit stat fast and gets slow at one point? My guess is that the communication settings are not optimal for the firmware you use. E.g. with reoetier-firmware if the ok is lost, the host stops until it gets a wait from the firmware if in ping pong mode.

February 17, 2013 05:42AM
yep, its confirmed that the problem is on my board/firmware.
i replace it with a newer board it runs great with repetier, thanks again for the help Mr.repetier smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login