Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cannot send commands to printer

Posted by CuttableSoup 
Cannot send commands to printer
November 20, 2013 08:48PM
I just finished my Reprap Mendel and I've uploaded Repetier to the printrboad, but I can't commond the motors to move, or heat the extruder or printer bed. Repetier-host connects without error, and it reads the temperature correctly, but I'm unable to do anything else. What am I doing wrong?
Re: Cannot send commands to printer
November 21, 2013 03:10AM
Checkif your endstop reporting is wrong. M119 should tell endstop status (L). If it is H the motors will not move in that direction. If you have RAMPS/Rumba board make sure power is on the right input. One is for heated bed only.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
November 21, 2013 03:22PM
Yeah, each axis is reporting "H." How would I go about fixing this? Also, I am using a printrboard. It is wired as according to this picture:
[www.printrbottalk.com]
The only difference is that I don't have a fan or bed thermistor.
November 21, 2013 04:13PM
That depends on your endstops. Try changing the invert settings first. if that does not work you need to change the pullup state. There are only gour combination, so if you have no idea, just try them.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
November 21, 2013 05:23PM
Thank you. I've inverted the endstop settings, and now they come up with an L, but the motors still won't move. It appears as though the commands are being sent to the printer, as there is no "X commands waiting," but there is no movement on the printer. I also forgot to mention that when I attempt to turn on the extuder or heated bed, it will often come up with

extruder 0: working
heated bed: temp sensor defect
Printer set into dry run mode until restart!
November 22, 2013 12:16AM
Turns out I had a faulty power supply. I have switched out my power supply, and my motors are working fine. And to get past the temp sensor defect, I set the min temp defect to where the lack of a sensor would not set it off. Is there another way I should have done it? Other than that, I have no problems other than my z axis seems to be inverted. Where would I go to change that?
November 22, 2013 02:47AM
Your problem is
heated bed: temp sensor defect

which tells you, your heated bed has no temp. sensor. If you have no heated bed, disable the bed in Configuration.h (HAVE_HEATED_BED I think) then no sensor is expected.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login