Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier 0.80 and matrix keyboards

Posted by orcinus 
Repetier 0.80 and matrix keyboards
December 01, 2012 10:33PM
Checked out the dev branch yesterday and gave it a spin with a membrane matrix keyboard hooked up (one of these: [i01.i.aliimg.com]).

It's... not quite working.
It takes quite a lot of keypresses to get something to happen and when it does, it's usually with a huge delay. I literally have to mash all the keys for it to register 1 out of x dozen keypresses. Not sure what's going on.

Is the matrix keyboard usable in dev branch and there's something wrong with this particular keyboard or is it still unstable/not quite working?

I've got the button detecting routine in ui_check_slow_keys().
Keyboard is hooked up to RAMPS 1.4, using the same pins from the example (32,47,45,43,41,39,37,35).
The keyboard checks out fine with a multimeter. The key resistances are 10-20 Ohms when closed (pressed).
Re: Repetier 0.80 and matrix keyboards
December 01, 2012 10:36PM
By the way, there seems to be a misprint in the uiconfig.h comments, line 284:

ui_init_keys() is called from an interrupt controlling the extruder, so only
fast tests should be put there.

... probably should say:

ui_check_keys() is called from an interrupt controlling the extruder, so only
fast tests should be put there.
December 01, 2012 11:30PM
Well that was odd. After reflashing a few times, it suddenly started working fine.
The only thing that changed in the meantime was that i've shutdown other two computers in the next room (the one RAMPS is hooked up to remained turned on).

Strange. Apologies for the false alarm.

PS: it might make sense for X/Y/Z axis control pages to be exempt from the "stacking" behaviour other menu items exhibit, because the way it's currently set up, invoking i.e. X screen, then Y screen, then Z screen, then X again etc. directly from the matrix stacks them on top of each other, eventually reaching the limit. You need to hit Back after each to prevent that, which is a bit annoying when jogging around.
December 02, 2012 08:24AM
That stacking is indeed a problem if you have the menu function directly on the board.

What you also can do is to move the extruder directly without the menu. You can use these action for this:

#define UI_ACTION_X_UP 100
#define UI_ACTION_X_DOWN 101
#define UI_ACTION_Y_UP 102
#define UI_ACTION_Y_DOWN 103
#define UI_ACTION_Z_UP 104
#define UI_ACTION_Z_DOWN 105
#define UI_ACTION_EXTRUDER_UP 106
#define UI_ACTION_EXTRUDER_DOWN 107
#define UI_ACTION_EXTRUDER_TEMP_UP 108
#define UI_ACTION_EXTRUDER_TEMP_DOWN 109
#define UI_ACTION_HEATED_BED_UP 110
#define UI_ACTION_HEATED_BED_DOWN 111
#define UI_ACTION_FAN_UP 112
#define UI_ACTION_FAN_DOWN 113

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
December 02, 2012 11:01PM
Thanks, sounds like a good idea to assign the jog commands directly.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login