Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier 3D View + Offsets

Posted by uMinded 
Repetier 3D View + Offsets
January 13, 2013 01:46PM
I have a few issues with my set up I hope someone can shed some light on.

My printers zero coords are X Right, Y Front, Z Down. My settings in printer shape however have the "origin dot" in the 3d view in the front left of the screen causing the whole thing to mirror funny,.. My settings are: Home X: min, Home Y: max, Home Z: Min, X min: 0, X max: 165, Bed Left: 0, Y min: 0, Y max: 200, Bef Front: 0.

In order to move the origin dot to the back left I need make Bed Left: -200 and then all the gcode is off because when I drop an SLT it has a negative in the translation coords...

My second problem is when I center the part and do a dry run everything goes well and it prints in the middle but outside of a dry run the part starts to print with its corner in (0,0). Its as if it skips the first G1 that moved to the offset print coords.

Any ideas??
Re: Repetier 3D View + Offsets
January 14, 2013 01:33PM
Your description is a bit confusing.
When your x homing is min zero is on the left.
Y at Front is normally with y homing to min not max.

With all these coordinate shifts it is also very important to make sure every part of the chain uses the same coordinate system. I mean the firmware needs the same settings as the host to get what you want. Also I would change xmin to 0 on the left side.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login