Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[Solved] Repetier On Mac will not launch

Posted by markab 
[Solved] Repetier On Mac will not launch
January 30, 2013 08:02AM
Just installed Repetier Host for the first time on my macbook, first time I launched it I was asked to go and download a dependancy framwork, I did this and now when I try to open the application nothing happens.

If I look in the console log it just says Repetier Host exited. I have renmoved the app and installed again but no change.

Any ideas?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2013 02:55AM by markab.
Re: Repetier On Mac will not launch
January 30, 2013 11:43AM
Did you install the windows or the mac version? Only the windows version has a dependency on .NET/mono and if you found a mac version of the .NET host you should switch to the native mac version anyway. If it was the mac version - what dependency did you miss?

Download-Link: [www.repetier.com]
Take version 0.52

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
January 30, 2013 05:17PM
I installed the mac version on my macbook, when it launched it asked me to install mono something so I installed the mac version of that, now the app exits on launch.
January 30, 2013 05:23PM
Ok, I ran the mono uninstall script and then tried to start repetier, this time it doesn't exit but I get the you must install mono 2.6 or later message again, I will try an older version rather than the current stable version I already tried.
January 31, 2013 02:47AM
So the latest stable version of mono seemed to be the problem, I stepped back one version and it works now.
January 31, 2013 03:09AM
I still don't understand what you do with mono. Which host version are you using? The one I told you is written in Objective-C and does not require mono at all. The last mono release for mac is perhaps a year old and is not supported any more since the real mac host is out.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
February 01, 2013 09:20AM
lol, well you are as baffled as me then, I don't really want to do anything with mono!!

I downloaded the latest mac version from [www.repetier.com]

When I run the repetier I get a dialogue telling me I need Mono version 2.6 or greater and it has a download button that takes me to the site and as long as I don't install the very latest stable version the repetier software works.

If I uninstall mono with the shell script and then run repetier again it starts asking me to install mono again

Will check versions and screenshot later today when I get home if it is of any use to you, I guess I may have picked up the wrong one by mistake.
February 01, 2013 09:41AM
Yes a screenshot of the main window would be great to tell what the problem is.

Re: [Solved] Repetier On Mac will not launch
February 05, 2013 07:06AM
Was my bad, I did have an older version, no idea how i managed to get them mixed up.

Sorry about that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login