Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[SOLVED] X, Y endstops not detected

Posted by Couby 
[SOLVED] X, Y endstops not detected
February 21, 2013 03:47PM
Hi,

Trying some firmwares with my recently burnloaded Gen6, I'm encountering one problem with Repetier. My X and Y endstops are "not detected" while the Z one works perfectly. I can't sort why this behavior, and tried many settings. The 3 endstops are opto endstops, exactly the same, that's why I don't understand why it works for the Z one, and not for the 2 others.
X, Y and Z moves are working fine. Heater is ok, just this endstop problem sad smiley.

I tried the Sprinter firmware and all is working fine with this one (and Repetier-host). Just a weakness, the heater temperature regulation. Sprinter PID regulation is not as good as Repetier one (or I'm too bad setting it lol...).

If it possible to have some orientations in order to fix that, would be cool smiling smiley.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2013 04:50PM by Couby.
Re: X, Y endstops not detected
February 22, 2013 03:16AM
There is anoption to check xy end stops only during homing, which is normally enables. Disable it and end sts get also checked during print. It is somethink like ALWAYS_CHECK_ENDSTOPS

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
February 22, 2013 12:18PM
Thanks. Will try and report result smiling smiley.
February 22, 2013 12:30PM
// You can disable endstop checking for print moves. This is needed, if you get sometimes// false signals from your endstops. If your endstops don't give false signals, you// can set it on for safety.#define ALWAYS_CHECK_ENDSTOPS false

This one ?
Re: [SOLVED] X, Y endstops not detected
February 22, 2013 04:52PM
Problem solved smiling bouncing smiley .

With #define ALWAYS_CHECK_ENDSTOPS true, X and Y endstops are detected now smiling smiley.

I'm not sure to understand well the comment about this setting, but the result is there smiling smiley.

Thank you Repetier smileys with beer .
February 23, 2013 02:54AM
What the comment tries to explain is why you might want to disablpe this. Some end stops have problems with cross talk or get triggert by some light sources, which can cause a skew in the print. To prevent this you need to disable the check. With reliable end stops, you can have hem enabled without problems.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
February 23, 2013 03:50AM
Ok thanks.

With your post and rereading the comment I understand now. I was a bit tired these last nights, sorry...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login