Repetier host 0.84 communication errors
March 02, 2013 04:53AM
Hi Repetier,

I have a weird communication issue with all host versions after 0.74 with my Gen7 1.4.1 setup, 115200 baud running on uptodate funtoo linux.

Mono version 2.10.9, not sure what else you need to know.

Whatever 0.8X host I try I get tons of resend errors and wrong checksums.

The firmware is the latest from git - 0.81 it works without any issues with host 0.74 it does not with anything newer.

Has anything changed in the host that could cause this?

Thanks!
Re: Repetier host 0.84 communication errors
March 02, 2013 06:17PM
The only thing I changes is that I toggle dtr at connection start to cause a reset. So after open the dtr line is on high. Please try the emergency stop after connect. This will turn dtr to low, so you could verify the problem comes from the dtr line.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
March 03, 2013 02:16AM
Well DTR seems to work as the host resets the board on connect :/

I'll dig some more into it when I get some time.

Thanks!
March 03, 2013 02:41AM
Ok, good to hear it works at least as supposed. The big question is, if it is important for the communication if it is high or low. Connect leaves it high, emergency kill sets it back to low. From the board design only a toggle should have an effect causing the reset. For the communication the line is not significant, but it is the only thing changed between the versions concerning the communication, so maybe the chip used gets somewhat influenced???

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login