Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OPS 1 and 2 Stopping on First Retract

Posted by jcabrer 
OPS 1 and 2 Stopping on First Retract
April 09, 2013 11:56AM
I've been testing FW 0.82 and Host 0.85b this week, and I'm seeing that when I enable OPS 1 or 2, the print stops on the first retract, and then the print does not progress. Has anyone else seen this?

So far, I have only tested with AzteegX3.
Re: OPS 1 and 2 Stopping on First Retract
April 10, 2013 01:34PM
I've heard from an other user the same.

Currently I'm thinking about removing ops support completely. It makes things very difficult and I'm nut sure the timings worked always as expected lately.
The current 0.90 has ops currently stripped. Perhaps I will add ops with a different approach, but I'm not that sure about that. Depends on how easy it is to transform incoming commands into multiple commands. That would also improve all the ops handling and reduce possible errors to a minimum and also removes the dependency on an external interrupt.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
April 10, 2013 05:26PM
I would hate to see OPS go. It works beautifully in 0.71. I much prefer the functionality be left in hardware, rather than the slicer.
April 10, 2013 05:27PM
It might be an EEPROM related problem, since I have had earlier versions of the firmware installed. So far, I have only tried on an AzteegX3. I will see if this is hardware specific once I get a chance to try on RAMPS 1.3, and Sanguinololu.
April 10, 2013 06:00PM
Switching to 0.80 should have reset your eeprom. But you can check yourself if you open eeprom settings. Since 0.80 invalid floats are output as nan.

With the ops i hope it is possible to modify as i plan, so i can keep the function.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
April 28, 2013 11:15AM
Hi repetier,
Same problem after Sclic3r skirt, the head stop.
Any advice on firmware settings?
I'm not using the EEPROM.
Acceleration,speed and retraction are correct with Sclic3r, only when using OPS_MODE 1 problem arise.

Prusa i3 with dual extruder (EiNSTeiN-)

Thanks
Christian
April 28, 2013 04:15PM
Looks like something is broken for ops in this version, also i do not know what. So my advice is not to use ops until it is reimpplemented in 0.90.

June 02, 2013 01:23PM
Hi
Same problem here, even with latest software...

My Environment:
Host for both 3D-Printers: Repetier Host: 0.90C, slic3r 0.9.10b prebuilt, win7 home premium 64bit
-Dual Extruder bowden printer: Repetier Firmware: 0.83, Arduino 1.05, Board: Azteeg X3, UBIS Hotends 0.35, Viki,
-Single Extrusion printer: Marlin V1, Arduino 1.05, PrintrBoard, UBIS Hotend 0.35

Hanspeter, www.funlab.ch
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login