Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Commutation protocol

Posted by iamturbo1978 
Commutation protocol
May 11, 2013 08:39PM
Hello all, I am trying to program my own microcontroller that will work with Repetier. I am using Parallax’s Propeller (Prop) to learn on, and to make something I think is really cool.

But I am having a problem, I am trying to get to get the Prop to communicate with Repetier, but it will not. I can use a HyperTerminal program, type A G-code and it works. But when I use Repetier, I get nothing. I have even tried ReplicatorG, but all I get is garbage on my screen. Nothing that looks like G-code.

Is there anywhere I can find detailed info about the protocol that is being used?
Thanks
Re: Commutation protocol
May 12, 2013 03:50AM
The host uses this protocol:
[www.reprap.org]

Important for your controller: The host sends always line numbers at the beginning (N0 G1 X0 Y100 *67) along with a checksum for most commands (except M117)
It is also important that the firmware sends "start" in the first line, when it starts.

In the host you can enable logging (Repetier-Settings) and reboot. Then you see the full communication after the host is closed. Restarting the host removes the old log. With that and if you echo the received command you should be able to get it running.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Re: Commutation protocol
May 12, 2013 11:06AM
Wonderfu, That worked. Thank you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login