Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Perimeter speeds

Posted by leadinglights 
Perimeter speeds
May 12, 2013 11:56AM
I am having problems with the perimeter speeds on my Rostock printer using Slicer running under Repetier. Perimeter speeds on a hollow shell, the Tiki statue by Cerberus333 I get an outer perimeter speed of 8.75mm/sec and an inner perimeter speed of 12.1mm/sec although the perimeter speed is set to 80mm/sec

On the second and third layers, where there is solid infill, the achieved perimeter speed is 39mm/sec - much better, but nowhere near 80mm/sec. The feed speed setting in Repetier is left at 100%

I have attached a screengrab of the settings

A video of the Tiki being printed is at [www.youtube.com]

The quality of the print is really good, but I would hope to get a print of this size in under an hour, not the 6.5 hours that it took.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Mike
Re: Perimeter speeds
May 12, 2013 12:44PM
Could be a problem with the "Cooling" section of Filament tab.
If the total time of the layer is below the set value, it will slow down to probably 10mm/sec.

Best Regards
Davide Ardizzoia
May 12, 2013 01:01PM
Hi Davide,

The timings I made, along with looking at other things that I printed make this look a prime candidate. I will try to cut the time down tomorrow and bring the cooling on line - at the moment it is only using the exhaust from the heatsink.

Very many thanks,

Mike
May 12, 2013 04:52PM
Check the g code in the host and. seewhat feedrate slic3r set, so you know where to search for the reason. If the feedrate is high check how long the lines are. Many small segments slow down the printer, because it takes to much time to fill the queue. Short moves can also slow down speed, when the acceleration is not high enough to accelerate anddecelerate in the buffered length to full speed.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login