Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rep host 0.90b does not work with prinrboard/Marlin firmware

Posted by HanspeterH 
Rep host 0.90b does not work with prinrboard/Marlin firmware
July 01, 2013 03:43PM
Description and repetier.90B logfiles are here:

[forums.reprap.org]

Reposting because no reaction in old thread...

Hanspeter

My Environment:
Host for both 3D-Printers: Repetier Host: 0.90C, slic3r 0.9.10b prebuilt, win7 home premium 64bit
-Dual Extruder bowden printer: Repetier Firmware: 0.83, Arduino 1.05, Board: Azteeg X3, UBIS Hotends 0.35, Viki,
-Single Extrusion printer: Marlin V1, Arduino 1.05, PrintrBoard, UBIS Hotend 0.35

Hanspeter, www.funlab.ch
Re: Rep host 0.90b does not work with prinrboard/Marlin firmware - now working
July 03, 2013 04:10PM
Installed the newest RepetierHost 90B, downloaded July 3 and this version is now working ok with both of my printers, i.e. the one with Marlin firmware and the one with repetier firmware.

Hanspeter, www.funlab.ch

My Environment:
Host for both 3D-Printers: Repetier Host: 0.90C, slic3r 0.9.10b prebuilt, win7 home premium 64bit
-Dual Extruder bowden printer: Repetier Firmware: 0.83, Arduino 1.05, Board: Azteeg X3, UBIS Hotends 0.35, Viki,
-Single Extrusion printer: Marlin V1, Arduino 1.05, PrintrBoard, UBIS Hotend 0.35

Hanspeter, www.funlab.ch
Re: Rep host 0.90b does not work with prinrboard/Marlin firmware
July 04, 2013 02:06PM
Please try this version:
[dl.dropboxusercontent.com]

it is the release candidate for the next 0.90C and should work better. For printrboard set Reset on connect disabled or it will not connect!

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
July 04, 2013 05:25PM
confused smiley
Was working this morning, with the exception of having to hit "OK" when I start up the program. Decided to take the update as I hoped that would be fixed.

Now I have a completely down printer. As soon as I try to set the temp on the hotend the controller locks up and I can only recover with a power cycle. I made the mistake of not saving the previous install version so I can't roll the code back and the "new" 0.90C version will not even connect.

I can't find the toggle for "Reset on connect disable" in the Marlin code or the Repetier settings. Can you point me to where that is?
July 04, 2013 05:47PM
The reset on connect is in the printer settings.

As the printrboard is not able to reset you need to explicitly set this, so the init commands are send directly and not after the reset.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
July 05, 2013 09:03AM
Hi
I downloaded the 90c release candidate and installed. I started and then changed to not reset on connect in printer settings. Then pushed connect and it connected fine with my printrBoard/Marlin printer. All manual controls worked ok, i.e. bed heating on and off, hotend heating on and off, fan on/off and %speed. I did not print anything, just tested manual control.

I attached the repetierlog of that session.

Edited: Forgot to mention, that it also works with my other printer with repetier firmware, BUT there is a difference now, the information 5cmds waiting is not shown any more, it seems to immediately be ready/idle after connect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2013 09:13AM by HanspeterH.

My Environment:

Hanspeter, www.funlab.ch
Attachments:
open | download - repetier90c.log (13.8 KB)
July 05, 2013 09:17AM
Good to hear that it works better now.

The old version took 17 seconds for my printer to connect. By adding a wait at a special position I could reduce this to 1.5 seconds with reset. You still have the 5 comands waiting, but they disappear now much faster:-)

July 05, 2013 12:27PM
I did a complete re-install of the Marlin code and an older version of Repetier (0.85). Was still having issues last night and finally took a sanity break. Everything off for the evening.

Came back in this morning and brought the machine up from cold with the old software. Connected to the printer without issue and made sure I got past the 50 command level before closing out the program. Re-installed the 0.90B software and shut everything back down again. Restarted and connected with no issues. Made it through the 50 command window without hickups. Now I'm on to test prints.

Might have been some problem with Windows 7 and the USB port not wanting to play nice. I generally don't have Windows issues, so it is kinda odd. With luck I'll be able to get prints out today.

Thanks for your patience.
July 05, 2013 12:38PM
You should better use the 0.90C version I offered above. The problem depends mainly on the resend requests. Because you can not reset your board the board is expecting line xy. A line which is unknown as it is from a previous connect. So the host needs a good logic to come into sync. The b version ignored some resend requests and if it was the wrong one, nothing happend until you would press the reset button on the printer. The C version is a bit smarter, also I have already done some more optimizations locally and am testing them. But at least it doesn't sound as bad as at the beginning.

July 05, 2013 02:04PM
I'll try reloading the .90C after the next set of test prints. I'm also using the Prusa stainless steel hotends, so living at the bleeding edge. :-)
July 06, 2013 11:10AM
repetier Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please try this version:
> [dl.dropboxusercontent.com]
> RepetierHost_0_90.exe
>
> it is the release candidate for the next 0.90C and
> should work better. For printrboard set Reset on
> connect disabled or it will not connect!

FWIW, I'm using the .90C version set up as above on a Printrbot and so far no issues.
July 12, 2013 08:36PM
Downloaded the latest code and now I'm back to just hitting "OK" when I first connect to get the Marlin code to behave. Nice to have things stable again!

Thanks for your hard work. smileys with beer
July 13, 2013 02:00AM
Set "Reset on Connect" in Printer Settings to disabled. Then you do not need to hit ok. At least others have success with that settings.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login