Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Application Error on In Windows XP When Trying to Run Repetier

Posted by Kasahabo 
Application Error on In Windows XP When Trying to Run Repetier
July 21, 2013 02:26AM
Good evening

I have installed Repetier Host .90c onto a computer running Win XP Pro. When I try to run Repetier I get the following message "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). I did a little research and it seems to refer to some kind of problem in XP's registry. Futher research makes me think that I should run some kind of repair software. A couple of examples I have found include "EndError or REGSERVO". I may have already made a mistake by loading them onto the computer, anyway...Both programs seem to find many errors (keep in mind that this is a fresh install of XP). After finding the errors I am prompted to register the software, before an changes are made. I am apprehensive about doing this (what is it going to cost, what will it do to my computer). Is their a free solution? Could some one please offer assistance on what I really need to be doing. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Application Error on In Windows XP When Trying to Run Repetier
July 21, 2013 02:48AM
Repetier-Host is completely free, so I have no idea what wants to get registered. The only thing in repetier-host that can occur is, that ir wants to have a working directory at startup.

With XP make sure you have Service pack 3 iand .NET 4.0 installed. Also make sure your graphic card has a OpenGL driver. Without these requirements it will not work on XP.

If you need to delete registry entries from Repetier-Host and open Regedit.exe and look at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Repetier
you can rename it for a quick test or delete it loosing all your settings. The host will create new entries if needed. That way you can rule out a defect registry.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
July 22, 2013 12:53AM
I was asked to register software other than Repetier on the XP computer. It was a program that I thought I needed to fix assumed problems with the registry. I am now realizing that my problems lie elsewhere.

I will see how far I can get with the advice that you have offered.

Thank you
July 31, 2013 01:15PM
Hello, I had exactly the same problem with XP Pro, and as Repetier said, it was my (.net4) that was the problem. I had to go to the control panel, then to add/remove program and chose repair on the .net4. It took a while (about 45min). Then I reinstall repetier. Everything works OK now.

Hope this will work for you...
PS- English is not my native language, so...
July 31, 2013 01:39PM
Hi,

I've installed Repetier-Host V0.90C on a VM (VirtualBox, host OS: OS X 10.8.4, guest OS: Windows XP Professional, Service Pack3).

I installed .NET 3.5 SP1. no other issues so far. And the connection [using the virtual USB] with the Printer is also Okay.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2013 01:43PM by flurin.
July 31, 2013 01:50PM
Since version 0.90 it is based on .NET 4 not 3.5 any more. Did not know that it still runs with 3.5 only.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
July 31, 2013 01:58PM
... I'll also try with .NET 4.

I just did what you said smiling smiley

Installation
Prerequisites
Before you start with the installation, you should check if your computer meets the requirements. Currently available computers should have no problems at all. If you have an old computer running Windows XP you may have difficulties. The Host works on Windows XP and later and on Linux. If you have a Macintosh computer, check for the Repetier-Host Mac on this site. All you need is .NET framework 3.5 or a recent Mono installation, if you are running Linux. The only other requirement is a graphic card with OpenGL. For a good rendering performance OpenGL 1.5 or higher is needed. With lower versions you may have speed issues with live preview.
July 31, 2013 02:22PM
... .NET 4.0 installed and no issues.
In my PC repeiter was not starting at all on windows XP. I was getting error CLR20r3. I tried installing NET 4.0 and updating graphics driver that did not work. What worked was installing NET 3.5 full package.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login