Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Comm differences? Ver. 0.85b & Ver. 0.90c

Posted by iamturbo1978 
Comm differences? Ver. 0.85b & Ver. 0.90c
August 05, 2013 06:29PM
Hello all, I am trying to learn how to program, and I figured the best way is to create my own firmware. Everything was going great until the 0.90 update. I cannot communicate with repetier after the update. Before the update, I could turn on/off the ATX power supply, adjust the fan, and control the steppers, ECT… But now it will not even connect.

I have checked the baud rate, made sure I am in ASCII mode, even downgraded to ver. 0.84 just to see if my firmware only worked with one version.

I also have “ping pong” mode on. Every command my MPU receives, it will send back “ok”, “any info that must go back to host”, then a “CARRAGE RETURN” (ASCII code 13). I have tried changing the end of line marker to “NEW LINE” (ASCII code 10). But nothing is working.

I have included the logs for ver. 0.84, 0.85b, and 0.90c if they might help.

Thanks
TC
Attachments:
open | download - repetier_V84.txt (2 KB)
open | download - repetier_V85b.txt (1.8 KB)
open | download - repetier_V90C.txt (1.4 KB)
Re: Comm differences? Ver. 0.85b & Ver. 0.90c
August 06, 2013 07:04AM
That is a strange one. I have changed the connection method to allow faster connects. Now you can select how to reset the printer in printer settings. You could try High->low or high->low->high which was the default before.

From your log I see the "start" from the firmware, so reset seems to work.
You also see the first command send:
N1 M110 *2

which differs from previous version which send
N0 M110 *3

make sure your firmware accepts both. At that moment the host waits for your ok which never comes. Maybe the different N value causes a problem in your firmware?

The reason I change dthis is that firmwares assume 0 as last line and expect the first command having line 1, also in M110 it should not differ as we set the new line number with this.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
August 06, 2013 09:09PM
Thank you for the reply.

That is what I was thinking from the start. But then I remembered, right now my firmware does not care about the line number (that will be addressed at a later date) I can use a serial termminal program. Type “N1 M110” then hit enter, and I will get on the screen “OK” that came from my MCU.

I downloaded ReplicatorG – 0040 and with it set to “machine type” Teacup(115200 baud), I have no problems.

Let me know if you have any ideas. I really don’t want to go with ReplicatorG, I don’t like the way it is laid out. Here is a screen shot of my serial terminal program showing my firmware does not care about the line number.
August 07, 2013 06:39AM
Also, where are the “port settings”? I want to make sure that they are set correctly. The settings my firmware is set to are:
Baud = 115200
Bits = 8
Parity = none
Stop bit = 1

I am assuming that the settings would not be changed, since this is the most common settings.
August 07, 2013 06:45AM
Yes, all firmwares use
Bits = 8
Parity = none
Stop bit = 1

so I removed the settings. No need to confuse users.

I can't say why the ok never comes. You could run the host in a debugger and add a breakpoint where new lines are received. It is even more strange since 0.85 works and I haven't changed the code - only moved it into a serparate class and switchen to .NET 4

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login