Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Print fails on same layer

Posted by leadinglights 
Print fails on same layer
November 30, 2013 05:08PM
I have just had two prints stop at the same layer, along with another that failed in a similar manner. In each case the print had simply stopped, but commnuncation seemed to be intact as I was able to disconnect and then reconnect - althogh without being able to resume the print. It was possible to home the printer, so motor control was O.K.

Further details: Rostock printer with Arduino Mega 2650 and Ramps 1.4, Repetier firmware and Repetier host 0.90C using Slic3r. This printer has never suffered from the uSB related communication issue which I got quite familiar with on my Prusa with Generation 6 electronics.

Both prints stopped at layer 91 of 299. For full disclosure: Slicing gave reports of a hole and intersecting facets, even though Netfabb cloud, Netfabb Studio and sthe Fix STL on Slic3r had been used to try to fix the files. The print that failed in a similar manner was a near mirror image of the pair, but gave no reports of problems during slicing.

Any thoughts, clues or places to look?

Mike
Re: Print fails on same layer
December 01, 2013 03:20AM
That is a known bug which was fixed a few weeks a ago in the development tree. At least it sounds exactly like that bug. Please try the latest development release.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
December 01, 2013 05:41AM
Thanks Repetier, but one furthur question. Where can I find a downloadable development release for Windows? I looked at Github and found nothing and it has been a dozen years since I built anything from source.

I did find Issue #72 mentioned on Github, and it sounds exactly the same thing that I am getting.

Mike
December 01, 2013 05:55AM
In case you misunderstood me, I meant the firmware had that bug. You need this release:
https://github.com/repetier/Repetier-Firmware/tree/development

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
December 04, 2013 10:10AM
Just a quick note to say that tne new development release fixed the problem. I have now printed both parts without any problem.
Mike
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login