Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Version V0.95F

Posted by cncdrifter 
Version V0.95F
January 24, 2014 04:11PM
A few days ago I have updated from V0.95E to V0.95F

First, I expercience that a loaded stl or more doesn't stay on the place were it was be placed, if changing from view (isometric, to front or top view)

Second, I have a slic3r problem with the one in repetier host, with the infill pattern
These gives me by selected rectilinear, a honeycom infill, after one time honeycombe was selected for support (used) and now also if support is off
Before I have sliced and printed more objects, with and without support, but without changing the rectilinear pattern from support, at the moment I can't get rectilinear back for infill inside repetier-host V0.95F

The standalone version of Slic3r 1.0.0RC2 doesn't have this issue (tested and which I use now)
Re: Version V0.95F
January 25, 2014 12:28PM
Changing view does not move an object. I can not reproduce that.

Your infill problem may occur because you have enabled the host to overwrite you slic3r settings. Disable ovverride Slic3r settings and you will get the right result,

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
January 25, 2014 03:09PM
For moving object.
When "move object" is used and from the left move-in menu the quick select option for front, top or isometric, this moves the objects (up to 800-900 mm out the box)
If "move object" is first deselected by choosing "rotate" or "move viewpoint" and then the quick selects for front, top, isometric, keep the objects in their place

Second, yes caused by "overwrite slic3r settings" activated,
When repetier-host starts-up, one time it's on, another time it is off, is there a preferred selection setting any where?
I will have a closer look when, now i know this (repetier host already uninstalled, registry cleaned and re-installed)
I don't use this function, because i make use by "printer setting" of preconfigured profiles or is that not the option intention there? ( because running the printers standalone)

Thanks for the quick response

Edit:
How can I setup skeinforge inside repetier-host?
If I use it it comes up with error on the end
"I could not find the generated G-code file ...............................Expected Filename and Location D:\Print-folder\composition.
The G-code is generated by skeinforge but as D:\Print-folder\composition_export.gcode

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2014 05:07AM by cncdrifter.
January 26, 2014 07:07AM
Ok, have fixed all errors and uploaded the new 0..95F with fixes.

For your skeinforge problem go to export tab and deselect all Add xxx parts. Changing the requested name can confuse the host.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
January 26, 2014 07:52AM
New one downloaded

Yess, no moving objects with the preselected view any more

I have to compose an new ABS profile in skeinforge for my homemade 3D printer (with the manual it is still, less or more trail&error, finding the exact values) ,
because slic3r and cura don't slice correct the object (last version x-ends mendel90 sturdy)
I found the suffix and turned it off, as the complete export section, but also with new downloaded, the error did not disappear

Error say: Expected Filename and Location: D:\Print-folder\composition. // generated is now D:\Print-folder\composition.gcode (with export suffix off in skeinforge 12.03.14)
January 26, 2014 08:41AM
Ok, have rechecked it.

Leave Export module on and only add "Add export suffix". The searched name is _export.gcode generated from .stl

January 26, 2014 09:32AM
Solved

Only changing the settings, which gave genrated file "composition_export.gcode" was not enough.
I had to deleted Skeinforge from repetier-host first and then re-installing repetier-host, only re-installing V0.95F did not the job (no idea why)

Now can I hunt for workable extruder settings winking smiley
June 10, 2014 01:30PM
I just solved this myself....Just because I like the install package that comes from Repetier.

In export tab you want to have export enabled, Add export suffix disabled and take out whatever is in the file extension field. Repetier-host is looking for "composition." not "composition.gcode". It understands that it is gcode, so when I slice the stl it reads the extensionless file just fine.
August 04, 2014 10:23AM
Hi,

I have this same exact problem, but I can't seem to find the 'Export' tab you mentioned (Repetier Host 0.95F on Linux Ubuntu 12.04). Maybe a screenshot or two?

TIA,

Frank
August 08, 2014 07:47PM
paynterf,
He is speaking of the Skeinforge setting for 'Export' tab, not a Repetier Host setting. I also am running RepetierHost on Linux- Fedora and Libuntu. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2014 07:48PM by rrr7.
August 08, 2014 08:01PM
Thanks jobzombi,
unchecking "add Export Suffix" and blanking the cell "File Extension" did it.
The funny thing was, I thought after my updating to Repetier Host to V0.95F and Skeinforge 50, that I had these fields unselected and blank at first? Then started changing them when I started getting that "can't find file" error. I must be remembering it wrong.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login