Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier FW ignoring max speeds?

Posted by TheZock 
Repetier FW ignoring max speeds?
January 28, 2014 10:46AM
Hi.

I just switched to repetier firmware and am i stuck in a configuration issue.

The printer is a self built one with threaded rods. The mcu-board is a Gen7 1.4.1.

#define XAXIS_STEPS_PER_MM 267
#define YAXIS_STEPS_PER_MM 267
#define ZAXIS_STEPS_PER_MM 500

I calculated these values, used them in teacup before (just multiplied with 1000 cause teacup uses steps/m not steps/mm).

#define MAX_FEEDRATE_X 450
#define MAX_FEEDRATE_Y 450
#define MAX_FEEDRATE_Z 200

These Feedrates were tested and should work with no problems.

Now the main issue:

If i send G1 X10 F450 ... the printer moves as it should. The distance is correct, the speed is okay, everything works perfect.
But if i send G1 X10 the stepper steps WAY to fast so it doesnt move at all. I would guess without issuing a Feedrate the firmware would use the MAX_FEEDRATE_X value.

Then i tried to send G1 X10 F700 (which IS to fast and should be blocked by the firmware)...but the stepper starts to buzz.

So it seems the firmware does not use the MAX_FEEDRATE_X value at all. It doesn't cut higher speeds and it seems to default to a much higher speed.

What clue do i miss?

Best Regards

Guido
Re: Repetier FW ignoring max speeds?
January 28, 2014 11:07AM
Your main error are wrong units. Threaded rods means slow printer but max. feedrate is 450mm/s with your setting! This is different from the setting with G-Code which is mm/min. If you omit F the last used feedrate is used, not the max.

Inside firmware settings speeds etc are in mm and second.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
January 28, 2014 11:45AM
Thanks.

So it's would be 7.5mm/s if 450mm/min. Seems that teacup uses mm/min. Somewhat confusing. I'd like to see repetier also using mm/min as unit, because it's what people are issuing in g-code.

I read the info about minding the unit is mm/s in the configuration-docs on the webpage (http://www.repetier.com/documentation/repetier-firmware/rf-installation/) , but somehow i was not aware that other firmwares and the g-code use mm/min. Perhaps this information should be edited to be more clearly?

Always look at the unit of measurement. Feed rates are always in mm/s!

Always? Not in G-Code and not in other Firmware.

Always look at the unit of measurement. Feed rates are in mm/s in Repetir configuration! G-Code uses mm/min in F-Parameters!

Perhaps this would help others.

Tomorrow i'll check out the new settings. Thanks for your help.

Best Regards

Guido
January 29, 2014 11:28AM
Hi.

Okay, now everthing is working fine and also the first prints are coming out. Thanks for the help!

Best Regards

Guido
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login