Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

0.91 - Extruder PID is not functioning

Posted by itaysp 
0.91 - Extruder PID is not functioning
January 30, 2014 08:14AM
Hello,
I'm using this version for the past month, but recently the PID start acting crazy!
I set the exturder to 200C and start the print (the gcode will set the extruder to 190C too) but then the PID stops working for a few minutes, and then it starts again! and after a minute is stops again!
It happens very often but not on every print.

I'm attaching some photos.

Thanks,
Itay

EDIT:
I just noticed that I was on "Dead Time Control" and not on "PID" in the firmware. I'm going to change it back to PID now and calibrate it with M303 and report back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2014 09:02AM by itaysp.
Attachments:
open | download - REP4.JPG (213.7 KB)
open | download - REP3.JPG (73.9 KB)
Re: 0.91 - Extruder PID is not functioning
January 30, 2014 12:20PM
I guess it will not work. As you see from the output in REP4 the heater was heating 100% while temperature went down. So it looks like a hardware defect causing the heater to get no electricity. So the MOSFET or heater or cables or solder connections have a defect.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
January 30, 2014 12:27PM
Thank you for your replay.
I will check it all tomorrow and post back!
but it's still very strange because when I'm trying to heat the extruder it works. Maybe I have some bad contacts at the hotend side and when it starts moving it makes the problem..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2014 12:29PM by itaysp.
January 31, 2014 05:31AM
I made a few prints with the PID now, and it's all working fine..
I'm not so sure it is the hardware because every time it happened, it had the same pattern. Right ater I start the print, the exturder stops heating, and then after a few minutes it starts again, and then stops again.

I can show you the same graph from Octoprint.(First I thought the problem was with octoprint, but then I treid to print with Repetier-Host and the same happened)
Attachments:
open | download - 1.PNG (89.7 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login