Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I2C display not working ver .91

Posted by The_Don 
I2C display not working ver .91
February 01, 2014 03:26AM
Hi,
I have constructed a clone of VIKI (Adafruit RGB LCD shield based) from circuit diagrams and attached it to Azteeg X1 board.
I tested the display with the 'Hello World' sketch from Adafruit and it displays OK and shows on the display what buttons I pressed. From this I deduce that the hardware is OK.
I changed the pin assignment in ui,h for controller 5 for my board. (They are only for the rotary encoder and reset pins anyway).
I checked the UI_DISPLAY_I2C_OUTPUT_PINS and UI_DISPLAY_I2C_OUTPUT_START_MASK and UI_DISPLAY_I2C_PULLUP and would appear to be OK (using default VIKI values).
I am also using the default UI_I2C_CLOCKSPEED 100000L
Whenever I change FEATURE_CONTROLLER to 5 for VIKI or 3 for Adafruit or even 1 and manually set it up in uiconfig.h I cannot use my printer.
I upload the fw to my board, I can connect but then get 'Command Waiting' which increments whenever I send a command.
The printer works fine if I change FEATURE_CONTROLLER to 0

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks,
Don

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.
Re: I2C display not working ver .91
February 02, 2014 02:57AM
I have experimented further and found that my hardware works OK with Marlin firmware. Display starts up and shows me the printer status etc.
I also found this thread that seems to suggest that I2C is broken in Repetier for 1284P based boards (like my Azteeg X1) but not for 644P boards.

Hoping a solution can be found.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login