Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Limbatus - New To RepRap

Posted by Limbatus 
Limbatus - New To RepRap
March 04, 2014 12:40PM
Hello Everyone,
I have just joined this community because I am interested in learning about 3D printing. I am currently in the market for my 3rd 3D printer, and i'm thinking about getting a Rostock MAX. I came to this forum because i'm interested in opinions on the software. How does Repetier compare to other popular software interfaces? I use PC / MAC and I do a lot of modeling in Rhinoceros. I'm interested in simple / stable sofware that is good for printing curved forms. I'm also intrigued by the objects coming out of AutoDesk Fusion 360. Has anybody been using that in conjunction with RepRap?
Re: Limbatus - New To RepRap
March 06, 2014 05:21PM
Hey Limbatus,

I'm using Fusion360 for quite a while now and dont't have and issues regarding 3d printing. there's no special compatibility with any RepRap stuff as their 3d printing software currently only works with makerbot and some bigger and more expensive printers but you can of course just export an STL file like with most other 3d CAD software and choose the Slicer and host software of your choice (http://www.repetier.com is my personal favorite).

HTH,
Frank

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2014 05:22PM by Helmi.

Frank
Re: Limbatus - New To RepRap
April 09, 2014 11:21AM
I work on the Fusion 360 team and use it for all my 3D printing.
It has export to stl built in and I then open and slice in Repetier and send to my reprap based printer. I have posted a bunch of parts to the Fusion 360 gallery for people to use in their reprap design. things like motors, bearings, extruder parts etc.

If you have any questions let me know...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2014 11:23AM by schneik80.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login