Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

repetier firmware with delta robot modify

Posted by sakunamary 
repetier firmware with delta robot modify
March 05, 2014 03:23AM
As we know Repetier firmware has already support delta coordinates e.g rostock , kossel ,But I find out an another delta robot like this :[www.thingiverse.com] . That seem to be pretty cool to turn it into a 3D printer.And now I am thinking to make the repetier firmware support this kind of delta ,I would like to ask which function to calculate the delta segment convert to motor steps ... and i am working hard on go through the sour codes ,repetier marlin and delta robot ....
Re: repetier firmware with delta robot modify
March 05, 2014 11:36AM
Well for the movements you only need to modify
#if DRIVE_SYSTEM == 3
/**
  Calculate the delta tower position from a cartesian position
  @param cartesianPosSteps Array containing cartesian coordinates.
  @param deltaPosSteps Result array with tower coordinates.
  @returns 1 if cartesian coordinates have a valid delta tower position 0 if not.
*/
uint8_t transformCartesianStepsToDeltaSteps(long cartesianPosSteps[], long deltaPosSteps[])

but you also need a different homing/calibration solution compared to delta. You might need other configuration parameter as well and other temporary variables which are updated in void Printer::updateDerivedParameter()
And most of all you need a faster processor if you need trigonometric functions. So until you are completely trough all this you have to touch quite some portions of code.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
March 13, 2014 03:28AM
yeah , After reading a long long long codes and papers ,and I find the same code which you just mentioned , and i also find the code for tuga.I am starting get the logic of hold repetier now . Now I am trying read the source code of delta robot (someone call that pick and peek). I am using arduino due 32bit MCU,I thing that is OK for trigonometric functions .
March 15, 2014 07:07AM
At least the due is much faster, so I guess you are right that some trigonometric function do not really hurt. Thats where 32 bit really helps.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login