Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The test generater feature was removed from current repetier-host SW?

Posted by shaqiu 
The test generater feature was removed from current repetier-host SW?
March 05, 2014 10:26PM
I had built a mini-kossel delta printer and would like the fine tune the print quality. And I think the repetier wiki's "print quality article" is the best introduction on this topic.
Flowing the instruction on the article. I hope could change the K and L with the advance test cases. But I can't find it in the repetier-host software. Is it already removed?

Another question is I used a 128*64 LCD as the UI and it seems too "heavy" for a mega2560 mainboard. During the printing whatever from SD or through USB directly, every time when I switch menu, there is a print pause triggered :-(. And I have tried several parameters. A small motion segment per second dosen't change anything. And a larger motion buffer, e.g. from original 16 to 20 or 32 even died the whole firmware(maybe insufficient memory)? Is there any suggestion? Thanks in advance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2014 10:27PM by shaqiu.
Re: The test generater feature was removed from current repetier-host SW?
March 06, 2014 02:59AM
The testgenerator is only disabled. Do into Host install directore then into data and open custom.ini and search for
; Don't include testgenerator
removeTestgenerator=1

replace that with 0 and you get the generator back.

Graphic LCDs are very resource hungry. Especially computation time as the avr has to compute the characters etc. and sends them per software SPI to the display plus it needs some extra ram to store computed characters (around 200 byte extra). This takes around 0.1 seconds per refresh. When using the menu update frequency increases making stops more likely. Normally incresing buffers and delta segments per line would help, but with the GLCD connected you even had to decrese delta segments per line to work stable, so that is no option on a AVR except if it is a 1286 with 16KB ram. So that is the price for the nice display.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login