Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Print Center?

Posted by fraguada 
Print Center?
April 10, 2014 06:22AM
Hello,
Was reluctant to upgrade to .95 after my first attempt were not so successful with slicing. Another thread here helped me with the sli3r directory settings. I have another issue that I did not have with .90 which also deals with sli3r, but not sure how to fix it.

The gcode generated is not in the position I want it. I have a piece at 0,0 which is the bottom left corner of my machine. When I run sli3r from Repetier, I see this in the promt in Repetier:

12:02:32.760 : Slic3r command:C:\Program Files\Repetier-Host\Slic3r\slic3r.exe --load "C:\Users\wiso\AppData\Local\RepetierHost\slic3r.ini" --print-center 180,50 -o "C:\Users\wiso\AppData\Local\RepetierHost\composition.gcode" "C:\Users\wiso\AppData\Local\RepetierHost\composition.obj"

Where is this --print-center 180,50 coming from!? I never set anything besides that I want the prints to center around 0,0. In .90 I never had this issue, and I am not sure where Repetier is getting these paramters. Any ideas?
Re: Print Center?
April 10, 2014 07:02AM
The only thing that seems to control this 'print center' argument is the Printer Settings. In Printer Settings, if I change the Print Area Width and Depth, when I go to slice, the --print-center location is changed to reflect center of the width, but the other dimension stays at 50 units. I am using a Classic Printer profile. I guess I will revert back to .90 where these issues never came up...
Another strange thing, in .95 I cannot see the EEPROM settings from my machine (running Repetier Firmware .90).
Re: Print Center?
April 10, 2014 07:45AM
Ok, if I place my piece anywhere else than on 0,0, then it is fine. I moved the piece to 1,1 and the gcode is generated without any issues. Try this with a box with one corner at 0,0 and another corner at 20,20 for example. Such a piece can be placed at 0,0 and the object lies within the print space. Anyways, onward!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login