Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

layer height in Slic3r to 2 .5 mm

Posted by Dannydefe 
layer height in Slic3r to 2 .5 mm
May 21, 2014 10:48PM
I tried to set my layer height in Slic3r today to 2 .5 mm,for my clay printing set up. The software would not let me change the layer to such a large dimension. Is there something I'm doing incorrectly or have I reached the maximum . Thanks for help in advance Danny
Re: layer height in Slic3r to 2 .5 mm
May 22, 2014 03:51AM
There is a maximum implemented in slic3r which is your nozzle diameter. If you go higher you layers will not bond, so this is a usefull limit. Even the nozzle diameter will generally not stick very well if you do not increase width.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
May 22, 2014 04:13AM
I do not know the absolute limits to Slic3r settings, but as long as your nozzle size is greater than layerheight, it should be fine otherwise default settings are used without warning.
May 26, 2014 08:16PM
Thanks for the help all

The nozzle size was too small in the settings.
On another subject I'm printing a large clay vase and with spiral vase selected. But almost every time I try to print a vase the path seems to be jerky and skips at the same point in the print on every layer . I tried lots of different settings and many variations of vases .
May 27, 2014 02:13AM
Try the latest experimental version which may have some improvements ver 1.1.3 at [slic3r.org]
June 04, 2014 10:22PM
thanks @ justcurious
ver 1.1.3 at [slic3r.org] is helping.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login