Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z axis won't move, y axis homes inconsistently

Posted by Schultz 
Z axis won't move, y axis homes inconsistently
June 02, 2014 08:21PM
I'm using the .91 Rev 7 firmware and Repitier V.95F. two extruders, ,microswitch min end stops to ground, no max end end stops

I have turned on and off various features to no avail. I have z probing on. I've turned auto bed leveling on and off. I can not get the z axis to move. If I use PronterFace I can move z-axis but it won't home automatically. Also the y axis when asked to home wiggles back an forth but stops and then occasionally homes fine. I'm using switch to ground micro switches. I have gotten just about everything working through command line commands accept the z-axis. Any suggestions

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2014 11:00PM by Schultz.
Re: Z axis won't move, y axis homes inconsistently
June 04, 2014 04:41AM
Sound like one of 2 problems. Z speed/acceleration too high. Ros systems are quite slow so max. speed might be as low as 2-3 mm/s and acceleration should also be slow like 50mm/s^3.

The othe rthing is that you need to set STEPPER_HIGH_DELAY to 1 (enable exper settings in online configurator to see it). Some stepper drivers are slower then the firmware, so we need to artificially slow down a bit:-)

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
June 04, 2014 11:17AM
Thanks that worked for the z axis.
I found the y axis was a board to screw terminal problem. Resoldering didn't help so I've requested another board. For now I'll try changing y min pins to the y max switch pins to see if I can get farther along setting this thing up. I have to get this thing to home consistently,

I noticed in Repitier host I can't select the second extruder in the drop down menu even though I have it enabled in the firmware. Is there a fix to this?
June 04, 2014 11:23AM
Yes, set num extruder to 2 in printer settings. Then you have a select box in extruder control to switch between these two.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
June 04, 2014 01:27PM
By the way is the STEPPER_HIGH_DELAY to 1 in the Repetier-Firmware configuration tool? I reset it manually in the Conf.h file

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2014 01:28PM by Schultz.
June 04, 2014 01:39PM
Found the fix in the host software too.
Thanks
Tim
June 05, 2014 08:50AM
As I said stepper high delay is only visible if you select expert settings at the beginning. Otherwise it is hidden.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login