Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is it possible to print from SD without PC and with no LCD

Posted by blabberjack 
Is it possible to print from SD without PC and with no LCD
June 18, 2014 07:36PM
Hi, I've been experiencing some problems with prints freezing part way through, leaving the heaters enabled. I have a ramps 1.4 board and an SD board from which I am running the prints, but the error persists. I've run my stl's through netfabb as another forum suggested non-manifold objects may cause this problem. I should mention that this only occurs during large prints and happened later rather than sooner, usually about 6hr into the print.
I would also like to be able to run prints through the night without leaving my tower running so it would be handy even if it does not solve my issues with printing.
Re: Is it possible to print from SD without PC and with no LCD
June 19, 2014 05:52AM
If a print stops or not is not dependent on manifold or not. Manifold has more influence if slicers create the correct result.

You can start you sd print from the host and then disconnect (if asked to disable heaters say NO!). Depending on your RAMPS you must make sure that there is still 5V on the usb after print starts (check ramps documentation here. There is diode that determines if usb power is needed or not.). All you should not do is reconnect while the print is running as that will stop the print.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login