Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bug in Serial print commands

Posted by braddo99 
Bug in Serial print commands
June 28, 2014 12:05AM
Hello, the other day I tracked down what I think is a bug in Repetier Host handling of SERIAL print comands like SERIAL_ECHO etc which causes multiple lines of output to be lost whenever the string to be printed contains the letter "B" as in capital, not lower case B. What a nightmare to find this! Can anyone else reproduce this?
Re: Bug in Serial print commands
June 28, 2014 03:59AM
I thin it filters B: as the host thinks it is a temperature returned and these are filterd to prevent log to get filled with unneeded data. I guess i should add some more tests to see if it really is a temperature to prevent that problem.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Re: Bug in Serial print commands
June 30, 2014 10:06AM
Interesting, so B: is part of the M105 output which is typically filtered. I can try to turn off the filtering and see if it helps, but of course best to make the filtering more precise.

One thing I don't get is that having B in the output ( in this case it's reporting results from a probe head calibration) actually causes multiple lines before and after the B to be missing, not just the specific line in question. Would that still indicate it's an M105 filtering issue?

One other issue, while you're looking is that Repetier Host does not seem to allow leading spaces or tabs in the serial output. This makes formatting of report output challenging as one needs to put something to hold the first place in the line like "|" followed by however many spaces/tabs are desired.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login