Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier-Host v1.00RC problem. Error exporting when slicing. Multiple extruders.

Posted by DeepSOIC 
Repetier-Host v1.00RC problem. Error exporting when slicing. Multiple extruders.
July 24, 2014 02:26PM
Hi!
I wanted to try a trick by fooling my printer that it has two extruders, and i'm stuck with a problem with (probably) Repetier-Host!
I have assembled a two-material AMF file from two STL files using Slic3r's plater, and imported it into Repetier-Host. I have added a second extruder in Repetier's printer settings. Now, when I attempt to slice the composite with Slic3r from Repetier-Host, it throws an error during export. The error is in Russian (see screenshot), which says something like this:

Index is out of range. Index has to be a positive number, and its size should not exceed the size of collection.
Parameter name: index.
After that, the Host complains that it cannot find the G-code file (I believe it's because Slic3r didn't receive the AMF file).
If I try Cura, the error is more invasive, telling me that the exception is unhandled (with the same error description about some index).

Please excuse me if I missed a setting somewhere. This is the first time I mess with multiple extruders.
I have attached both STL files and the composed AMF file in a zip package.
PS. The Host tells me that the file "acsy v02 cab.stl" is not manifold. SketchUp tells me it is, and it slices well when separate.
Attachments:
open | download - two_extrud_fail.png (285.3 KB)
open | download - acsy v02.zip (264 KB)
Of course! I just missed the easy way! I can import two STLs separately and then put them into one group, and if I do like that - slicing works. So the problem is either fundamental with AMF files, or with my particular AMF file.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login