Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier v1.0.3 DRO display wrong

Posted by Miamicraft 
Repetier v1.0.3 DRO display wrong
December 17, 2014 06:21PM
Problem with Z DRO display on manual screen when not homing axis and doing a G92 to manually set position.

My Z home switch is broken so I can't home Z. Repitier Z DRO shows 0 in red at startup. In order to get around Marlin soft limits I do a "G92 Z100" to allow me room to manually set axis position. After G92 DRO displays Z as -100 in red. I do a G114 to read Marlin DRO's and Z shows 100 correctly. Displayed DRO does not equal machine DRO. Confusing at best.

Suggestions:
1. Do a G114 and update DRO's if user does a manual G92.
2. Add a "get dro" button to manual screen. Safe, no negative implications if user pushes it.
3. Provide a way to manually reset DRO settings (not safe).

Roger
Re: Repetier v1.0.3 DRO display wrong
December 18, 2014 03:06AM
First the host shows absolute positions, so G92 should not change coordinates.
Red coordinates means no homing occured so value may be incorrect. This also allows to go below z=0 which is prevented when coordinates are known.
If you are at home and firmware things the same you can send @isathome and host will set itself to origin.
You can use one of the 5 script buttons to add the command to it.
M114 updates the coordinates as well from printer (not G114). Just not sure what it does with G92 gotten so far.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login